Chapter 29, Will there ever be an end...?

*No one's POV*

"Alright what the hell is your problem?" Yami demanded as he slammed his hands against the wall next to Anzu.

Their next loop had begun and as soon as Yami was allowed access to the human world and his own body, he went straight to Anzu.

"Did you just go and kill yourself when you left that place? Did you force this time loop because I tell ya, I feel like crap right now. If my body collapses, who is going to protect him?" Yami asked trying to growl but the life was leaving his eyes slowly.

"Of course I didn't mean to die, some dude creeped up on me and stabbed me," Anzu growled and pushed Yami back.

They were in school, everyone was still alive so it meant Yami had not killed Jonouchi. The reason for that? Well Anzu threatened to toss him over and start the loop again.

Yami sighed as he rubbed his neck, seeing Yugi walking to them. He got close to Anzu so he could whisper.

"We will meet up with you later, don't come near us," he whispered and moved away with a grin.

He walked up to Yugi and pecked him, making him become a blushing mess in the middle of the hall hitting Yami's arm. Anzu caught herself smiling for a second, before sighing herself and walking away.

Deciding to call sick, she went home early to find her parents weren't there. An envelope was on a table with a note, saying they had to go away for a business trip.

She forgot, this always happened about this time every year, but this time it was useful, she didn't need to talk to them.

So she took the money they left to get shopping, but not before tucking a small knife under her shirt.

"Another loop huh?" she heard and saw the man drinking a can of alcohol walking beside her.

"Drinking in the morning huh?" Anzu asked as the man shook his shoulders and finished it throwing the empty into a bin. "What do you want? You only show when you want something."

"I'm thinking about stopping the loops, taking away your power. There is too much damage going on with the course of the world just for me to try and spare the lives of two people."

"Besides, humans die every day so what difference would you and Yugi be."

Before Anzu could question, he was slightly pushing her inside of somewhere. She didn't notice it at first, but he had walked her to the shop.

She smiled inside, and walked in with him as he never spoke another word. Picking up what was needed, Anzu picked up a bar of chocolate for the man to at least thank him for giving her the chance to fix everything.

Outside the store, the man stretched and looked up. "Come back soon Pharaoh."

"What?" Anzu asked out but the man shook his head. "What is your name anyway? You never told me."

"That's not needed child, for now focus in protecting the boys," the man said as he was about walk away.
Anzu grabbed the chocolate and whistled at him.

He stopped and saw as she threw it. Catching it, he examined it like it was a foreign object.

"That's my payment for this, so you can't take it away from me," she winked as she walked away.

For some reason, she was starting to feel good. Him walking with her, it gave her some protection. Which meant no reset.

But what he was talking about taking the loops away, what's going to happen to them?

Would they just have to accept Yugi dying? What about Yami? She was right when she thought there were two Yugi's, which meant he is just a spirit.

Would he be gone too?

She tried not to let in linger as she walked on to her house. Once home, settled and everything put away she messaged Yugi that they could start to head over.

*Yami's POV*

"I still am not too sure on this baby," I mumbled and watched as the many people walk by.

By now, my body feels like it is giving up on me. Which will never stop my fight however, every breath I have is for my Yugi.

"It should be fine. Her house is huge and she's also said her parents are away which should make things a little easier," he said and I sighed resting my head on his shoulder.

I had a look at myself the other day, my entire body covered in all sorts from the loops. Guess this is the price to pay.

But what am I doing wrong? My plans are flawless and I still mess up. He suffers cause of me, so......

Maybe it's time. I just let it go, I mean I am the issue as to why people keep coming so I don't come back then...

"Yami we're here!!" Yugi called out as we got to the gate. My mind was brought out for when I saw the house, it was indeed large.

Anzu met us at the front, requesting that we took our shoes off at the front. She lead us around the house, showing all the different rooms and our shared room.

Yugi decided to go for a shower and although I wanted to join him, I needed a word with Anzu.

"May I suggest something?" I asked as she placed down a cup of tea. Maybe I would normally check, but there is something new.

Safety? Trust? No couldn't be that. "Shoot, I'm all ears," she said with a gentle smile. Why, why does something feel....weird about this loop?

"I want camaers all around the place. Every part covered," I said as I took a sip of the tea.

Hmm, it's sweet. Nice though.

"I knew you wanted that, so I ordered some and they will come in a few days!" she exclaimed taking me off guard. "I promise we will beat this loop!"

My mouth was left open, apart from Yugi, I have never seen someone be so nice to us.

I need to start thinking positive, I may not have much time with him, but now. After the times I've seen her in the loops I can confirm she has no feeling for him.

So I can now say this with a peace mind;

When I die at least I will know she will attempt to keep him safe.

Yami choosing not to come back on the loops? Is that even a option to him? Or will it make things worse?

Is this really the right thing to do?

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!