Chapter 27, Keeping up...

*No one's POV*

She was terrified being around Yugi now, she could feel Yami watching her with devil eyes. 

It was hard to hide in the shadows following their every move, she even saw how Yami shifts from Yugi and himself. So he wasn't a normal person even at the start, he is just something that is using Yugi to have a place on Earth.

The timeline at this point is where they have tried to run away, even after Yami has killed Jonouchi and has gotten away with it. Everything was still hard to try and adjust to, with this being her first time at it. 

Questions were still going through her head, but the one stood out the most. How many times has Yami been through these loops? She was on the back of the bus watching them, Yugi was trying to feed Yami as he was red faced and trying to say no.

A murder, someone that killed one of her closet friends think he has the rights to smile and love someone. In Anzu's mind, he doesn't have the right to love.

They got off with their bags, so she jumped off as well and followed them close behind but making sure she was out of eyesight. She hated it, Yugi looked so happy with him. But is it true love? Or is he being controlled by Yami? 

She didn't care, she had to get him away from that murderer before he murdered him as well.  They stopped at a house, on the edge of the beach which again another red flag. Once they were inside, Anzu sighed as there wasn't much more she could do.

The only thing she thought she could do was to call Yugi and ask him to keep his phone on all day. So she did, and he agreed to do it although he was very confused.

Meanwhile in the house, Yami was on cloud nine. Yugi was walking around in shorts and a jumper that was too large him. 

The murderers face was bright red as he put a cushion over his lap and watched as Yugi sat down beside him. "S-So what movie are we w-watching?" Yami asked as Yugi got the remote and changed the t.v channel.

"Well Honda said a good movie to watch with your partner is 50 Shades of Grey, I have never heard of it though," Yugi said as he started the film.

Anzu face palmed herself, she made a mental note to beat Honda after later for tricking him. She didn't want to hear the torture that was about to go on so she left to go to the shops and buy a small drink. While she was gone, all she heard was the muffling of Yugi squealing to the movie. She had put the earphone in her pocket.

"Having fun there child?" she heard and turned around in line. A man was standing there with a basket full of different things.

"I don't talk to creeps so buzz off dude," Anzu said and bought her drink leaving the shop. While walking along the side, the man was following her but was making sure not to make it weird. "I will call the police if you don't leave me."

"Alright alright. I just wanted to talk to you, seeing how it was me who gave you this power,"  the man said as Anzu finally stopped in her footsteps and sighed. They walked to a bench that had a lampost above it and sat down, Anzu opening her drink and watching the man very closly. "How are you finding it?"

"How many times has he went through the loops?" Anzu asked getting straight into the point. The man laughed a little, noting down on how she dodged the question. "How am I meant to do anything to save my friend while Yami is sticking to him like glue."

"Ah, that's what repeating the loops are for child. I know it takes a toll on the mind but in the end it should be worth it no?" the man said earning a death glare. "You either need to wait for the perfect time to act or act as fast as you want."

Anzu thought, maybe the best thing would be to convince Yugi to go with her. Or woul that just be more trouble?

Looking around for anything to give her motivation, she spotted someone walking along. It was impossible to not know him. It was Yugi, on his own. This was the perfect chance she had. 

"Do you really think that he will leave the love of his life on some words of yours?" the man said and Anzu had to think. If he wouldn't come with her with words. Then she needs to take him.

"I don't care, he is coming with me and I will help him," Anzu said throwing his empty can into a bin and started to follow him. She felt a little sick, this didn't feel right to be following her friend like this, but this was a chance she couldn't miss. She had to try to talk to him and maybe he would listen to her.

He ended up going into a fast food shop, so she stood behind a tree and made sure to not be seen. There was a pit in her stomach, this didn't feel right. 

"You're a bad girl aren't you?" Anzu heard but had no time to turn around as whoever it was had grabbed her hair and started to draged her away while a hand was on her mouth. It was night and dark, so there was little to no people out. The people that were out were drunk.

No amount of kicking and screaming helped her as she was forced into a storage room to a small closed down shop. Yami locked the door right behind them and smirked to himself. When he turned around, it seemed like his red eyes had more of a shine then the actual light.

"Mind telling me why you are following us? Do you want to lay a hand on what is rightfully mine or are you planning something else?" Yami asked twirling the knife in his hand. 

"I want to help you two, please. There is some hope for you and if we do this right we can work together," Anzu said as Yami laughed and looked up.

"THERE IS NO HELP FOR ME!!!" Yami called out as he placed both his hands on his head, the knife grazing past his cheek. "DO YOU KNOW, HOW MANY TIMES I'VE SAT BY AND WATCH HIM DIE?!? MY HANDS ARE COATED WITH THE BLOOD OF THOSE WHO HURT HIM AND I HAVE NO REGRETS!!!"

A cry for help. That is what he was doing right now.

And when he looked at Anzu once again, it was confirmed. He had tears streaming down his face, some falling into his new cut which he didn't even react to. "Do you know how it feels, to have the one you love and will die for, suffer so much and die over and over in your own arms? I bet YOU DON'T!!!"

A broken man, that was what was in front of her right now. She had to calm him down before she tried to speak to him.

"How many loops have you been through Yami?" she asked daring to take a step closer to him.

"T-Too many...." he managed to mumble out as his arms dropped to his sides. "I-I-I lost count on how much I have put him through..."

"And you? What are you feelings through all of this? Do you want it to change?" Anzu asked getting closer and closer to the point their feet almost touched. 

"I.... don't want him to suffer anymore. But t-this world.....has it in for him, I-I-I try so much but it seems like I'm not getting anywhere."

Yami's guard was now being lowered, Anzu thought she was getting through to him. Maybe she wouldn't have to go through any more loops, maybe she could fix everything that has happened and they could work tog-

She was stabbed in the stomach. 

She coughed up blood as she looked up and down at Yami who was a crying mess. "I-I can't let you help....you like him and h-he is mine. My lifeline....m-my life. Mine.... minemineminemine!!!!" Yami ended up yelling and stabbing her time and time again. 

Anzu's whole world started to go white, while the last words she heard was;

"Please.....just leave us alone...."

And then, she was thrown into a new loop.

Ah yes, don't you love when spell check doesn't work now? I am trying to find out why but until then I am so so sorry for the mistakes.

Is Anzu going to get through to Yami?

Can his shell of walls and manage to stop the loops?

Will Yami stop with all the killing he is doing?

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!