Chapter 43, What to do...?

Atem just stood there with his jaw dropped to the floor, he didn't know what to say or do.

All he knew, was that his heart was beating so loud he could feel his body move with each beat.

He wanted nothing more but to run to Yugi, hold him close and protect him from the horrid world. But he did not forget about the man in front of him.

So he watched, closely as Yugi helped to carry Yami over to the couch and set him down. Once done, Yugi turned to face him and his face heated up.

"What are you doing with that kettle Atem?" Yugi asked already knowing the answer. He wanted him to sat it though, he wanted to hear his voice say it.

"Y-Yugi I..." Atem stuttered.

The intruder laughed, watching as the man who was going to torture him had turned into a babbling school girl.

Yugi walked over to Atem, kneeled down and picked up the kettle. Atem didn't stop him, he couldn't. He just watched as Yugi took it away and placed it back onto it's stand.

"This should only be used for hot drinks," Yugi stated the obvious.

Anzu was just amused watching the sceen while also keeping an eye on Yami.

Atem is acting the exact same way Yami did when he first reviled himself to Yugi that she had known of. It was slightly funny to her.

All he could do to the smaller human was nod at him, then shook his head and finally remembered the issue they had.

"You know you won't get out of this alive if you don't talk to us," Atem said receiving a slight punch from Yugi. "Bit I will give you one last chance to talk. Otherwise I will end you tonight."

The man sighed and glanced down to his wrist. It was bright red, and he was now numb to the pain he first had with it.

"I can't even if I wanted to," he muttered making the group confused. With his head, he motioned down on on his jacket, hoping they would understand to check his pockets.

"We are not doing that so we can just activate a bomb or something," Atem stated and was gonna get up. But Yugi moved fast over to the man and started to rummage through.

The whole group jumped to their feet and watched in anticipation, Yami and Atem both ready murder then in a second for if he tried anything.

He didn't do anything, as Yugi pulled out a box with a mic attactached to it.

Yami motioned for him to have it, Yugi followed his idea handing the box over. Pointing to the sink, the man nodded his head as Yami turned the tap on, damaging and destroying the mic.

Once it was out of the equation, the man let out a massive sigh of relief letting his whole body relax against the pole he was tied to.

"Now that's gone. Please untie me, I want nothing to do with this. I never did..." the man mumbled. The group shared a look amongst themselves, unconvinced. "Look if I didn't do this my daughter was gonna get killed."

"Who sent you?" Yugi spoke up and asked. "Answer me this and we may untie you."

The man looked to the side, then back to Yugi.

"Honeslty, if I knew I would tell you. He keeps his name secret to everyone, changes his look every time we talk to him too and-'

"That's a load of bullshit! This are obviously excuses and I won't stay by and let this go like this!" Atem yelled and tried to shoot up but Yami and Anzu held him down the best they could.

"I am just telling you the truth, why would I lie now my mic had been destroyed?" the man said.

Atem sat down with a heavy sigh and a pout in his face as he was fighting his own feelings. If he could he would rip the man's head off, but he knew that his Yugi wouldn't let him.

"Can you at least tell us your name?" Yugi asked with a small smile to his face.

The man was confused, he was sent here to kill Yugi yet he was sitting right in front of him smiling like he was one of their friends.

"Rafael," the man, now known Rafael said. 

Yugi smiled and went behind to untie him, but that was too far even for Yami as he let go of Atem and grabbed Yugi's arm.

"Love I don't think that's so smart," Yami said in a quiet voice. "We can't trust him fully."

"Yami we can't just not trust everyone in this world. And Rafael seems like he has just been dragged into this. If something happens you are right here with me and I'm sure Atem will lunge."

Yami wasn't happy about this, at all. But he didn't want to argue with Yugi. So he moved his hands but stayed fully in front of Rafael.

Yugi undid the ropes and Rafael brought his hands together, rubbing his wrists to were he was bind. Yami gently grabbed Yugi's hand and dragged him away a safe distance and into the arms of Atem.

"Don't you think you're being a little over cautious there?" Rafael asked as he side eyed the group. "With the loops you all have been through, no matter how tuff you make yourselves look I could probably take you all."

"So why don't you? What's stopping you?" Anzu asked.

Rafael stood up, with a wobble however from the little scarnnish from before.

"As Yugi said. I'm just being messed up in all this and don't want to do this," Rafael said slowly gaining slight trust. "My boss isn't right in his head. Something has a hold on him. And maybe with your help. I can free him."

HAHAHA

Oh I'm sorry guys. I'm not good at updating anymore. My online gaming life has taken over!!!!!

Na but I will get back into it cause there's some stories I wanna see the end to.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!