Chapter 1, It's complete...

*Yami's POV*

Darkness...that's all I have known for. How many years has it been now? I've lost count, whats the point in keeping count? I thought I would be stuck in this puzzle forever...until a kid was now trying to solve it.

This kid...why is he trying so hard to finish the puzzle. Any normal person would give up but he has been doing it for 8 years now!! I don't know anything about myself. Only the name of Yami sticks out to me.

I watched as this kid went to school and brought the puzzle in a box with him. Two others kids came over to him, one blonde and the brown. They started to tease him and took the box away from him. Why would they do that? It's just immature. A girl came over and stopped the feud by grabbing the box and the boys left but I felt something off. They ran off and the girl started to talk to the boy.

Something that has stuck out to me is the extreme resembles we have. But he is a little on the short side, I wouldn't believe he is a teenager. He started to head home and was pulled up by a guy who looked like he had muscles on muscles. But I bet that is just for show, in a fight he would fall flat on his face.

I finally picked up the boys name which was Yugi and he returned home and continued to work on this puzzle. The next day rolled in as he fell asleep and he continued the loop of going to school. But the guy that pulled him up yesterday pulled him up again and brought him around the back. The same boys that were taunting him were now beat to a pulp lying in front of him. This should make him happy.

"No! This isn't what I wanted! These are my friends!!!" Yugi yelled and stepped in front of them. Why is he sticking up for the exact people that picked on him. The buff kid then started to punch him...and I felt the anger start to boil up inside of me. What gives him the right to do this!?! His name is Ushio or so what I have heard. He told Yugi that he wanted money and walked off leaving Yugi to wobble home.

He got his money tin and saw he didn't have enough, I guess he is gonna cry now. No? He's getting the puzzle again and is working on it. I don't get it, the determination he has is unreal. It looked like he was solving it a lot easier though, I can feel a slight bit of light seeping through. He only had a final piece of it left but I couldn't see it on the table. Those bullies before, did they steal it?

Yugi ran off taking the puzzle and me along with him right back to the school. Night had turned when he reached the school and he went to the ally at the back. Ushio met him and started to beat the crap out of him, Ra I just want to get rid of him. The boys from earlier showed up, the blonde one kneeling at Yugi. He placed something in his hand and I knew what it was.

The final piece of the puzzle was now resting in hands and my chance of freedom. The boys started to fight Ushio and I saw Yugi crawling to the puzzle. "I...want a friend. A friend that will...never betray me...and to whom...I'll never betray..."he mumbled and placed it.

I can feel it...the breeze from the outside. I will make him pay for what he has done, for causing him this pain. A strange light filled me and then what I was seeing from the puzzle I could now see in front of me. Have I switched places with him? Good, I'll play a little punishment game with him. I brought Ushio to the roof with just a rope on each of us keeping us alive.

"Oii! What the hell is this!?!"he yelled and looked up. I couldn't help but stare at him and smile at how pathetic he was. "Yugi Muto? Explain!! What is this!?!? Do you have my money!?!?!"

"Oh this is nothing. Yeah I do but first I just wanna play a game. A shadow game," I said and pulled out a deck of cards in my pocket, leaving the pile of money I brought on the pole. Jumping down I put the deck of cards on the side and went to his level. "Hey there. The rules are simple, we turn over a card and move up by the value of the card."

"Simple, that's child play." he said and flipped over a card and started to move up. We took turns, the rope moving up and down as we both keep taking turns. He was at the far bottom and I was a little away from winning. "I can still turn this around!!" He turned over the card to revile it was a joker.

"Too bad Ushio. Joker is a miss, my draw." I said and turned over the card. "Looks like I drew a 1. Game belongs to me."

"I am not accepting this!!! Muto!!!" he yelled and started to crawl up.

"I wouldn't do that, you continue and you will suffer a cruel fate," I said and he continued and got to me. He tried swinging at me making me fall. "I warned you."

I saw him reach for the pile of money I placed but only to revile it was another pack of cards. Pathetic, most humans only care about themselves. All except my little Yugi. "The shadow games revile the horrid nature of humans. The door of darkness has opened." I said and the rope holding him up snapped.

He stared to fall and saw me hanging on the building using my puzzle. "Ha! I'm just gonna land in the water then I will report you!!" he screamed but then looked down to 'see' sea monsters coming up. "Oh crap!!!!"

I climbed back up to the roof and looked down to see him on the sidewalk rocking back and fourth in a ball. He deserves this, anyone does for causing harm to Yugi. I soon enough got down the ground and to Ushio who came to my feet. "Please!! I'm sorry!! Make them go away!!!"

"Ugh shut up!" I yelled and kicked him off my boats. I saw a pile of leafs and dragged him to it. "Here, you like money right? This big pile is all yours." He started to flop around in the pile and screaming money! money!! He is really the worst type of person in this world, and Yugi needs to suffer in school with him each day.

A pain started to shoot through my chest with each step I took back to his house and when I got back I collapsed on his bed. I will do anything...anything to keep you safe Yugi....because you. You are my little one.

A more darker story then the others. But hey that's what season 0 was am I right? Is it just me that realizes Yugi knew Yami at the end of season 0 like he knew he existed but at the beginning of Yu-Gi-Oh he seems to have forgot him? Unless I'm missing something....if I am please SOMEONE TELL ME!!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this new story, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!

Also I am planning one more story for Yu-Gi-Oh but it is taking me a bit of time to have a plot out for it, so this story is just here for a bit of fun!!