Chapter 8, Helping him out...

*Yami's POV* 

Yugi sneezed once again and grabbed a tissues from his box. "Man Yugi, where on earth did this cold come from?" his grandpa asked and held a hand to his head. "Your fever isn't going down, I'll go get some ice."

He left the room and Yugi sighed, grabbing the puzzle and holding it to his chest and once again I could feel his warmth from the other side. I think I have enough power to become human for a bit, even if I don't do much I should be able to stay for two days. I hovered away and outside the front door focusing my power and formed into a human. 

I had to have a reason to come here so I snapped my fingers and made a school bag, knocking on the door and his grandpa answered it. "Oh hello there, are you one of Yugi's friends? I guess you brought work for him, please come on in," he said and moved from the door. "Yugi is a little under the weather but I'm sure he will be happy to see you. He's upstairs in his room."

I nodded my head and walked up to his room which I knew exactly where it was from seeing Yugi leaving for school each day. I tapped on the door and heard a little raspberry voice calling me in and so I did with a shaking hand. "H-Hey Yami! What are you doing here?" he asked and sat up from his bed.

"I heard you were ill so I wanted to c-come and see how you are doing and brought some work from today," I said and sat on the end of the bed. His face was a little red but that was from the fever and I saw the mountain of tissues on the ground next to his bed. "How's the fever been treating you? Not too well judging by that."

"Haha yeah, I wouldn't of stayed off but when I stood up this morning the room started to spin," he said and rubbed his neck. "But you didn't have to go through all of this trouble of coming out here and bringing work."

"H-Hey don't worry about it. I don't mind doing this because I haven't got anything else to do. So you wanna get started with the work if you're up for it?" I said and he grabbed a notebook and pen. I had to move up closer to him but my knee brushed past his and I got shivers. 

Time passed by and Yugi had even learned some things he hasn't even looked at in class, I just made it up that he had missed it. He hadn't brought up the topic of me disappearing the other day, I wonder if he even remembers me being there. "Hey boys! I brought up some sandwiches!!" Yugi's grandpa called and came through. "So Yugi is your friend staying for dinner? I'm sure you would want company up here and I need to go out for a bit."

"E-Er I don't know I haven't asked him," Yugi said and took one off the plate. His grandpa just walked out but I saw him give us a wink before leaving. "U-Um do you want to stay for dinner Yami? It's alright if you don't want to."

"Yeah if that's alright, also if anyone goes to the door I could get it for you," I said and he beamed a smile at me. Ra his innocence is to much for me, how can he exist in this cruel world. We worked every now and again while eating the food we got left with but soon enough I heard the bell go downstairs. "I'll get it, you stay here wrapped up in bed."

I started to head downstairs and had a peak at the shop door but it was Yugi's friends. I can't let them see me!! What am I supposed to do!?! I looked around and found a hoodie, maybe I can hide my hair and a little of my face. I grabbed the hoodie and it covered most of my hair and shielded my eyes. "H-Hello how may I help you?" I asked and tried to sound innocent and so my voice wasn't as deep.

"Hey there pal, we're just here to give our sick bud some work that he missed from the day at school," Jonouchi said and looked upstairs. I am not letting anyone see him, not when I have this perfect moment to be alone with him.

"Sorry but he is asleep at the moment. I'll take the work so you can go and get on with your day," I said and grabbed the work from Honda's arms. "I'll be sure to tell him that you stopped by when he wakes up." Everyone started to walk but Jonouchi stopped and turned to me.

"Look dude I dunno who you are but if your a friend of Yugi's then..." he said and raised up his hand to me. "A friend of Yugi's is a friend of mine. The names Jounouchi so what is yours?"

"Um I-" I can't tell him my name, I've already talked too much. There's a little difference between mine and Yugi's voice so when we switch, so if people listened then they would tell Yugi's not the same when I'm in control. "I-I don't really remember my name. Sorry but I've been called Kyo."

"Kyo huh? Well take care of our little bud Yuge. Tell him that I said he better get better and return to school soon!!" he yelled and finally left. I let out a sigh of relief and slid onto the floor, he's a persistent guy ain't he? Well at least I have Yugi all to myself for now. 

Aww Yugi has fell ill and Yami has come out to take care of him. Also Yami, kicking out his friends? Some questions are soon to be asked. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!