Chapter 28, Much worse...?

*No one's POV*

She was asking herself so many questions after watching them so many times.

Oh and after dying so many times as well.

She had lost count on the amount of loops she had went through, so Anzu couldn't even begin to know how many Yami has been through.

The man that gave her this power, somehow managed to take her back to the first loop of Yami's. All the heartbreak of the first loop turned him into a monster that only wanted one thing.

Speaking of that one thing, Yugi fell in love with him all over again each loop, so Anzu came to the conclusion he wasn't controlling him.

She wanted a talk with him, so she did something bold. She asked them out for dinner.

Of course, Yugi said yes and took a LONG time to get Yami to go along. They went to Burger World, since the incident with Anzu never happened they were able to eat in peace.

(For anyone confused, she's in the time loops yeah? So after enough time she managed to stop it happening.)

The pair sat opposite, Yugi looking nervous while Yami was none stop growling at Anzu.

"Hey Yugi? Can you go ask the manager to let you into my locker? I left my purse in there," Anzu said and smirked at Yami as anger was starting to grow.

Last time she did this he killed her with forcing the salt and pepper shaker down her throat.

"What I need money to split this bill with," she said and watched as Yugi bounced up. He quickly gave Yami a quick kiss in the cheek before running off with Anzu's key.

Anzu was expecting to hear a slam on the table, but a sigh came from the killer.

"You staying on our backs is draining more energy from me everyday..." Yami mumbled while cracking his knuckles. "So, mind telling me why you called us here? You're bugging me."

"Haven't I already told you? I want to help," she paused and Yami tried to butt in. "You're looking more pale each time I see you, if we do this right we can stop these loops."

"And why should I trust you? You liked my Yugi a while ago?" Yami questioned while tilting his head. "Honestly I wish I could kill you, but it would restart everything and that's would be a hinder to my plan. Maybe I should kidnap y-"

Anzu slapped him.

"Shut up and listen to someone who isn't your own voice," she boomed and watched his face.

She didn't hit him that hard, but his check was already red and the smallest of cuts was there.

What was unaware to the pair, with each loop their body would weaken. Anzu hasn't even began to feel it, but the same can not be said for Yami for his body is covered in bruises, scars and burn marks.

In short, with each new loop they are both slowly dying. There is only so much the human body can handle.

Yami sighed as his wiped his cheek, noticing the blood and lying back.

"I'm listening...."

Anzu had the plan, to go to her parents house. It may not be a army  base, but they were prepared for mostly anything.

Nothing could hurt Yugi, but she had to run something up with the person who gave her the power.

"Are you sure this place is safe?" Yami asked pulling at his hair. Anzu noticed something different now, about him.

His eyes, they were his normal colour and looked like they had little life.

"I wouldn't have chased you two down if it was a bad idea. Look if it doesn't work out I would say you can kill me but that won't work," Anzu said and thought about it.

They could almost talk about no fear of dying, since they would just come back. Was she going crazy?

Yami was lost deep in when he caught a glimpse of Yugi coming back, and started to panic a little.

Panic? He hasn't done that in a while.

"Fine I'll tell him and we will go back our stuff. But...." he mumbled and leaned forward. He grabbed Anzu's shirt and pulled her forward a little. "If he dies again, I will torture you in the next one."

"Fine by me, but you need to also remember I could get to Yugi before you," Anzu mumbled with a smirk. Before Yami could say anything she slapped his hand away from her shirt and smiled at Yugi.

Anzu had been told by Yugi in a previous run that Yami started showing up once he completes his puzzle thus making her one step forward. If all else fails she could delay Yami even showing up.

But he knows every little detail of the runs so as bad he is, she needed him.

They all finished their food and paid going their separate ways, Anzu's heart a little lighter.

She finally felt like this was going somewhere. And. If she recalls, nothing happens to them at this time because they are in a house, so she didn't have to worry about Yugi dy-

Something implied her.

She screamed and thrashed around, trying to free herself but to no avail. What was stabbing her was brought out then back in again making her cough up blood.

Anzu finally managed to look at the face of the person, he was an escaped prison inmate who got charged of man slaughter at a school as he killed 50 children.

Unlucky, Anzu was so damn unlucky as she saw the pure glee in the mans face as the life from her eyes was slowly drifting.

She thought of the positive though, they can restart from the beginning and get Yugi to safety straight away which should result in no more loops.

Closing her eyes all she saw was white until a flash happened and she opened her eyes. Back in the classroom again, Yugi working on the puzzle once again.

Smiling, she went to stand up but felt a sharp pain in her back. Soon their bodies wouldn't be able to handle these loops.

They had to end soon, otherwise their attempts of saving a life will kill themselves in the end.

So......I have been really tired recently. Honestly I struggle to find the energy to do anything.

Anydoodle, time loops. Everyone take a random number of loop that Yami and Anzu have been through on their own.

Will they learn to keep Yugi safe? Or will their bodies collapse before and there is no more loops to go through?

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if so let me know down below and STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT ONE!!