Chapter 20- Confront

"O-okay" He sat down near the head board while Caden sat at the foot of the bed. His hands were so cold that he thinks he can freeze water.

"I don't like your senior nurse." Caden said bluntly and honestly. Now, his hands went colder than before. His mouth is drying. "You like him?" Caden is so serious. Calm down Sky. Calm down.  He chants to himself.

"Ahhm, ahmm.. W-what do you mean by .. ahm, like? I- I Iike him as my senior. He's considerate, kind and dedicated to his work. B-But I don't like him like I like someone special. Are you .. are you ..." Why am I stammering so hard? Why am I so nervous? It's not like I did something bad. C'mon Sky, you can do better than that.

"Why are you shuttering? Should I start doubting because you can't form your words properly? Or because you're sitting so far from me? Are you what? What are you trying to ask? Am I mad at you? No. Am I pissed? Yeah baby big time. Am I accusing you? Not if you don't gave me hints. Am I jealous? Beyond words."

Sky knew he needs to draw the last card he is holding on against him. He doesn't want him to be so mad. Sky crawled towards his half naked jealous boyfriend and sat on his lap. He buried his head on his shoulder and hugged him tight. As long as Caden won't hug him back, he is still mad at him. But this snuggling technique always works at Caden. He can't resist Sky when he's like this. Please God, make this work.

"Mi dispiace Amore. I didn't notice that he was doing that lately. I just wanted to go home early and spend my time with you and Devika. I swear I didn't know that until Kiara pointed it out earlier at lunch time. Now even Devika noticed it too. I'm so sorry. I swear I didn't know."

Caden still didn't hug him but he notice that Caden loosens the tension on his shoulder. "What else he do to you?" Caden's voice is deeper and scarier than usual. He cannot shake the feeling of tenseness.

He sighed deeply. "He ahmm He treats me food and drink, he drives me home, he... he put his schedule the same as mine, I think."

"When did he start doing it?"

"I told you I don't know. I don't remember the first time he was doing that but he told me--" Shoot, i'm so done.

"What did he told you?" Caden made sure to look at his expression. Sky became easier to read when they start dating. He can detect whether Sky's lying through his facial expression.

"N-nothing." Caden looked unconvinced. Sky gave up and told him what Blaze told him. "Look, no one in the hospital knew I am gay. They thought that Kiara and I are living together and we are couples and we didn't have time to correct that. I was shock when he told me that he knew I was gay since last Christmas."

Caden frown deepens.. "Did he told you he likes you?"

"H-he told me he likes working with me." No need to hide. Caden will eventually know.

"That's it, You're transferring at my hospital."

"No pleaseee. I-I like working at the hospital. And besides it's hard to work at your place. We- we can't still do things together as a couple and it's much harder to see you near but feel so far. You can't still say you're with me right? And.. and.. and another thing, he just said he likes working with me. Not like me. I didn't say  he like guys. He seems straight to me."

Caden felt wary. He knew Sky is right but he cannot just allow Sky to stay in a place where someone likes him. He cannot focus his work. "I am goddamn straight Sky and you bend my fucking being. So don't give me that bullshit reason. Your beauty can defy any rules we built in ourselves. I really want you out. "