(Luke Patterson) Communitcation

~Y/n's POV~

I was about to enter my first period. I was nervous. Of course I was nervous they'll probably make fun of me because I'm deaf and cannot talk and they can only communicate with me by writing to me or use sign language. But, I could read people's lips.

"Hello." The principal said, using sign language.

I smile and greet her back.

"So, you cant talk huh? It's okay, my cousin couldn't either so that's why I could do sign language." She said.

"Come this way, I'll show you to your first class."

~Y/n's POV~

I'm Y/n Molina. Let's just say I'm from the dead. But Rose Molina revived me from the dead 2 years ago. Let's just say my past wasn't so great. I died in 1993. It was a car accident. My family was very overprotective. That's because of a boy. A boy that was a bully. He bullied me because I am deaf. That boy is named or, maybe, was named Luke. He bullied me with many other kids beside him. I didn't have anyone on my side. I knew they were talking about me but I didn't know what they were talking about of course. That was 6th grade. I moved schools that year because Luke and the other kids that helped him broke many cochlear implants. People at my school now just pity me. It's kinda nice, not really.

Now I'm here, with my family, eating dinner. Tia came in with food. Then, they talked about ripping off a band aid or something, I wasn't really listening because I was really hungry. Then I see 3 boys enter the house, going through the door. I look at one of them that looked VERY familiar. Oh god, is that Luke?! I look straight down at my food after Julie screams.

"You okay honey?" I hear Tia ask me as she rubs my back.

"Yeah." I say in sign language.

"Hey, Julie. Like what you did to the place." I hear LUKE tell Julie.

"You shouldn't be here." Julie scolds.

Woah, how could she see them??

Tia thought she was talking about her. Tia and the three boys then leave, dad wanting to talk to Julie about the music program. I go upstairs, a bit stressed out about how much homework I need to do.

~Time Skip~

I felt tired, trying to do the rest of my homework but I couldn't stop thinking about Luke. I sigh, walking to  Julie's room. I open the door and she asks, "Hey, what are you doing here?"

She scoots over so I have space on the bed. I lay next to her, putting my head in her lap. I text her, "Can I sleep here? I don't want to be alone."

Julie smiles and nods as she strokes my hair. She turns off the lights and lays down next to me. I big spoon her as she puts her arms around me. (My bi is quaking)

"I love you, Y/n." Julie says.

"Love you too." I say.

~Time Skip~

I was at the pep rally. I was on the side, watching my closet aquiantence that isn't a family member, Kayla, dance with Dirty Candy. I smile at her and she smiles back. I like to dance a lot and auditioned with Kayla to be in Dirty Candy, but Carrie didn't let me in because she was only looking for one more member. I was okay with it though, because I made most of choreography. So now I'm the choreographer of Dirty Candy. In the corner of my eye, I see Julie, Flynn and the three boys watching in the distance. Then I see the blonde one make eye contact with me. I turn my head, kind of anxious that he saw me. He's friends with Luke that's why. Dirty Candy ended and Flynn joined a seat next to me. I saw Julie run up on stage and start playing the piano. Then, the three boys poof up on stage. Flynn looked shocked. She looked bad for the rest of the performance. I see Julie and Luke have a little moment. Cute, but... They end the performance and Julie lies badly. I see the guy in the leather jacket and flannel stuck his butt out in front of more that a hundred people. I stifle a laugh and Flynn looks at me weirdly. I just shrug and she shakes it off.

"I'm gonna talk to Julie." Flynn tells me and I nod.

I get up, going to my locker. I see the three boys looking at me. I inhale deeply, not liking to be stared at. I get my stuff and rush to class.

~Time Skip~

I was at home, doing my homework in the living room. I hear Julie playing in the studio. I grin at her beautiful voice and go back to work.

~Time Skip~

Julie was in the studio so I went to go check on her. I opened the door and see that she was hanging out with the boys. I see Luke's face drop when he sees me.

"Y/n?" He says.

My sister and I's eyes go wide and I turn my heal, running away from the studio. Luke poofs in front of me.

"Hi." Luke says in sign language.

I look at him, in utterly shock that he did sign language.

"I'm sorry about everything. I really am and I didn't know why I did it. If you will forgive me, I was going if we could be friends?" Luke says in sign language.

"Friends?" I say back.

He nods. I see Luke look behind me. I turn around and see the two other boys and Julie. I see their mouths moving. I look at them confused and run into the house. I go to Dad, or Ray, and tell him that I can't hear. Since it's late, he tells me to calm down and that we'll go otolaryngologist's tomorrow, concerned. I nod, and let out a shaky sigh. I turn around and see the three boys and Julie. I smile weakly at them and see the flannel guys talk. I walk into the living room and the four follow me. Julie tells me to get the book. I smile at her and get it. I write down on the book, "If you want to talk to me, just write in this book."

I show it at the three boys and the blonde one and the flannel one exchange a glance. I place the book and a pencil on the table.

"Hi I'm Reggie :)" The flannel one wrote and he smiles and waves to me.

I smile backs and wave back.