(Reggie Peters) Attention

Words: 6198

Rated: TV-14

Mentions of Cannibalism, Bullying
Update: one of my fave ones I wrote because how random it was

~Y/n's POV~

I wouldn't say this out loud but, I crave attention. That sounds selfish and stuff but when you have better, successful, interesting siblings then it wouldn't. Like, being the favorite child. Dad's favorite child is Julie, and Mom's was Carlos. I know they said they don't play favorites, but they be lying to us. I ain't blind. Just 2 months ago, Julie got into this band. And now, she's the center of attention. I mean, she always was for years and Carlos was when he was born for a few years but I wasn't. Heh, I've got a middle child complex. Maybe I'm just being a bit self centered so I should stop.

Anyways, Julie also got a gig at The Orpheum and played there, which is amazing, and I she deserves it but that was the day I was going to work for the B.A.U. By the way, I'm 16, and I already graduated high school. It was sad because everyone put their eyes on Julie when I thought I had one day with people actually looking at me. It sounds like jealousy, and it is jealousy to be honest. I just don't want to be a side character for my entire life. I'm not even a side character, I'm an extra. I held in all of my tears that day, biting my tongue into a smile for my older sister.

I love her, I really do, but sometimes I break down, feeling like I'm not important to anyone. I feel like I'm going crazy because of it. And to top it off, Julie's band members moved in to our house. Like, Dad doesn't even let me go on the bus alone, but he lets 3 strangers live in our home?? I-I don't get it!!

Anyways, I'm here in a bus, not caring about what my dad said. I was going to work, where I was going to help Agent Hotch and his team on this case. They wanted my help and the case was close to where I lived so they called me. I turn on my phone, going to watch some TikTok. My background was a picture of Peter Parker with with his mask off.

A little boy from behind me asked, "Do you know Spider-Man?"

I smile at him, "Yeah, I do. Don't tell anyone though." I whisper.

"Yes, I will for my hero. Can you tell him that I love him and I want to be a Superhero too?"

My heart melts, "Of course."

The boy smiles before sitting back onto his seat. The bus stops at the police station and I was about to meet Hotch's team. I see a man in his late 40s walk up to me.

"You're Y/n L/n, right?"

"Yes, I'm guessing you're Agent Hotchner?" I ask, shaking his hand.

"Yes, let me introduce you to my team."

He leads me to three other man and two women.

"Hey, you must be Y/n." The blonde one says politely.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." I shake her hand.

"I'm Jennifer but you could just call me JJ."

"I'm Emily." The woman with black hair, says.

"You must be a smart girl," The man with his head exposed, tells me.

"Yeah, you're..." I examine him.

Caramel skin, nice facial features, a small beard, and has some muscles? Probably in his late 30s.

"Derek Morgan?"

"Dang girl, you're going to do great on this job." Agent Morgan ruffles my hair like a Dad would do.

The guys with long hair for a guy and was holding a mug of coffee speaks up, "Hello, I'm Dr. Spencer Reid."