CHAPTER 7 - ESCAPING THE ORCS

Landing in a large puff of dust at the bottom of the cliff Drake and Dragoon, slowly stumble back to their feet in pain from rolling down the cliff.

"That was an exciting exit" Drake laughs in pain holding his lower back as he stumbles towards Dragoon, throwing one of his arms over his shoulder as he laughs in pain.

"We need to get somewhere safe, they're sure to come looking for us" Dragoon says as he coughs due to the amount of dust. Once the dust clears, Dragoon glances around scanning the area to see nothing but an endless dry sandy desert.

"I'm sure they probably think we are dead after that fall" Drake says still trying to laugh the pain off. Dragoon not really listening to Drake, begins slowly walking in pain towards a set of rocks of in the distance. "We can rest there for a couple minutes to get our strength back, but we need to move quickly" Dragoon says seriously.

Drake glances at Dragoon as he walks towards the rocks, seeing the new sword that he obtained hanging off his back. "Where did you get that?" asks Drake curiously as he looks at the mysterious sword on Dragoon's back.

Dragoon suddenly remembers that he was meant to rescue the farmer's son from the orcs. He quickly rushes over to Drake and grabs his arms shaking him frantically "Was there a boy captured with you at the orc camp?" Dragoon says looking as if he was worrying out of his mind. Drake's face quickly changes as a tear runs down his cheek. "Yea, the leader of the orc, split him in two with one swing" Drake cries depressed as he remembers the scene.

Dragoon's facial expression on his face drops instantly as he lets go of Drake and drops to his knee's then proceeds to punch the ground. "Shit, shit, shit..." Dragoon cries out in annoyance, as he keeps hitting the ground with his fists. Drake confused as to why Dragoon is so upset as he did not usually care for strangers at all.

"What's wrong?" Drake asks with puzzled look on his face. Dragoon slowly lifts his head with an expression filled with anger. "The boy's father was the one who saved me after you tossed me into those prickly bushes" Dragoon yells as he gets back to his feet.

Drake stands frozen in a daze not knowing what to say or what to do. He knows once Dragoon feel as though he owes someone a favor, he will do anything they ask to pay them back. Knowing that his son is dead instead of Dragoon rescuing him like they had asked, will not bring the farmer praise for his good deed at all.

Drake slowly walks over to Dragoon and rests his hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down. "we can try and repay the farmer another way somehow" suggests Drake in a saddened tone.

Dragoon stares at Drake with a blank expression, trying to think of a way that he can repay the farmer for saving him from certain death. But nothing comes to mind. He shakes his head and glances over the vast desert surrounding him and sighs unimpressed "let's get moving before the orcs catch up to us" Drake quickly nods knowing that if says anything it will probably upset Dragoon even further.