CHAPTER 15 - UNUSUAL ENCOUNTER

As Dragoon and Drake make their way to the man's house, just as they get out of Desteria, a hooded figure emerges from the side of the road. Dragoon intuitively knows it is the same hooded figure from the inn the day prior.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Dragoon shouts as he holds the hilt of his sword. The hooded figure gently removes his hood to reveal that he is a Slytherien. Drake quickly reaches for his sword, only to see Dragoon raise his hand as if to tell him not to feel threatened.

"You're not here to attack us, are you?" Dragoon asks as he removes his hand from his sword. The Slytherien shakes his head, then pulls out a shiny grappling hook "Did you sssstill want thissss?" the Slytherien asks as he points a claw towards Drake.

Drake looking in confusion realizes that it was the Slytherien from Heraldic market that he encountered several days ago, "Ummm, I guess, but why would you give it to me?" Drake mutters confusingly.

The Slytherien slowly makes his way towards Drake and Dragoon, "I wasss only able to essscape Heraldic cassstle becausssse of your brother ssstepping in the way of the Royal Paladin, ssso it isss my thanksss" the Slytherien says as he continues making his way towards Drake and Dragoon.

Dragoon then quickly pulls out his sword and lunges towards the Slytherien. The Slytherien's eyes widened in shock, did he do or say something to offend him in some way. As Dragoon gets closer, the Slytherien clenches his eyes shut and begins to grit his teeth preparing for the imminent attack.

Hearing a sudden clash of two swords, the Slytherien opens his eyes to see Dragoon had jumped in the way to protect him from and orc that tried to cleave him in half with a brutish axe. "Why you human, protect lizard man?" the orc grunts aggressively, as he clashes swords with Dragoon, locked in a parry.

"Why are you trying to attack?" Dragoon grunts, struggling to hold the orc off. Suddenly an arrow flies past Dragoon towards the Slytherien, a quick strong gust of wind blows the arrow off course only slightly missing the Slytherien's head. The Slytherien gazes in the direction of the wind in shock, seeing Drake stand there holding his sword in front of him, as if a swing from his sword caused the gust of wind.

Dragoon looks at Drake and nods with smirk, then looks back at the orc in front of him, as Dragoon looks at the orcs face seeing a large scare over his left eye "Wait a minute, your Gax the bounty hunter, that makes the person who shot the arrow just a second ago, Larrias or Larry for short" Dragoon says in a surprised tone. "Humans know Gax, hmmm Gax don't know human" Gax the orc says as he presses down on his axe, hard against Dragoon's sword.

"Drake and Dragoon the infamous adventurers" a voice chuckles from behind Gax. Then a skinny mischievous looking elf slowly walks out from behind Gax with a large grin on his face.

Drake quickly rushes in front of the Slytherien and stands guard, holding his sword firmly in front of him as he looks fiercely towards Larry the elf. "You two are bounty hunters what do you want with a low life Slytherien" Drake angrily shouts.

Larry bursts into laughter "Obviously we are going after a bounty, why else would we be here" he chuckles. "What, who would've put such a high bounty on a basic slytherien" Drake says confused. "Hmmm considering we have wasted this much time on the subject, I'll tell you. Lord Kendrick leader of the royal paladin in Heraldia wants that Slytherien's head for 10 gold pieces" Larry chuckles with an evil grin.

"10 GOLD PIECES" Dragoon shouts in shock as he turns his head back towards the slytherien only to notice he had disappeared whilst all the commotion was happening. As Dragoon was distracted, Gax quickly did a forceful push with his axe knocking Dragoon to the ground. Dragoon hits the ground with loud thud.

Larry slowly walks towards Dragoon, as he eyes off Drake standing not too far away. Drake hesitant on reacting, standing there gripping his sword tight as he grits his teeth.

Once Larry has approached Dragoon, he slowly kneels down in front of him "Considering you two aren't on our list we will let you go, but come in between me and my pray again and I'll put and arrow through your skull" Larry chuckles as he gently slaps Dragoon's cheek then stands back up.

"Gax let's go, we have to find our prey once again" Larry chuckles as he begins walking away from both Drake and Dragoon. Gax slowly puts his axe away as he grunts staring at Drake who was still frozen as he grips his sword.

Dragoon still confused slowly gets back to his feet as he puts his sword back in its sheath. "I'm sorry brother I should've been more help" Drake says as he slowly makes his way towards Dragoon with his head looking down at the ground. "It's fine, let's just head to the story teller's house" Dragoon mutters in and annoyed tone.

"What about theslytherien?" Drake asks quickly as Dragoon starts walking down the path again."He is not our problem, especially if Gax and Larry are after him, we can doanything anyway" Dragoon sneers as he continues down the path. Drake looks downthe path watching Gax and Larry disappear off into the distance with aconcerned look on his face, then slowly turns back towards Dragoon and beginsfollowing him down the path once again.