vii

CHAPTER SEVEN 

─── the fanatic

LIGHT DANCED ALL AROUND you, white and black splotches engulfed your vision

LIGHT DANCED ALL AROUND you, white and black splotches engulfed your vision. You faded in and out of consciousness. Your head rolled and you let out a groan. Your head felt as heavy as an anchor not to mention the groggy feeling that settled on your shoulders. Your eyes flickered open, revealing a whole new surrounding. You tried moving but you were tied to a chair by restraints. You glanced around, taking in your surroundings. The Floor and walls were blue-green, appearing crystal-like. Across from you, two Scorn Ravagers guarded the door. Where were you?

You felt (G/n)'s Light pool into your bloodstream healing your battered body. He was healing you. In an instant you felt much better, your headache was gone and you were energized. 

Your brows furrowed as you recalled the events that had just happened. Uldren's voice commanding the Fallen to stop echoed inside your head. Did Uldren spare your life? Why would he do that? You needed answers, but you wouldn't get any by staying put. You had to find a way to escape these restraints.

A thick brown rope tied your arms and legs to the chair. You had to get your hands free from the restraints. You felt your wrists against the chair, looking for a sharp corner. Once you found a sharp edge you go to work, moving your hands back and forth in quick motions. The rope was being cut gradually by the sharp edge. You kept your eyes on the guards, your gaze unwavering. 

"Good thinking, (Y/n)," Your Ghost said, his voice echoing in your ears and your ears alone. 

After a while you felt the restraint loosen, they fell to the floor freeing your hands. You traced your fingers across your back until you felt the handle of your blade. Relief washed over you once you realized he hadn't taken it. You gripped the knife, ready to go. 

In a swift movement, you turned around and hurled yourself at them. Your legs still tied to the chair so you hobbled forward. Slamming the chair into them. Both you and the Ravagers fell to the floor with a thud. Amidst the confusion, you were able to cut the rope that tied your legs. The Scorn uttered words in their own tongue, their voices rising. 

You unclipped a grenade, throwing it their way. "Sayonara suckers."

They screamed in agony as the void consumed them like purple flames. Both Ravagers crumbled to the floor, lifeless. 

You shifted your gaze to a chest beside the exit. The lid was slightly agape, allowing you to make out the shimmering white of your sniper rifle. Uldren must've stashed your weapons and blades there. You opened it and took out your weapons, holstering them. 

"It's good to have you back, Guardian. That sure was a close one." Your Ghost said materializing in a flash of blue. 

A lopsided grin made its way to your lips. "It's good to be back in one piece."