xix

CHAPTER NINETEEN 

─── rumors

PAST THE SHUTTLE WINDOW was the black expanse of space, encasing your ship with its darkness

PAST THE SHUTTLE WINDOW was the black expanse of space, encasing your ship with its darkness. Stars hung brightly in the distance, unmoving as your starship sat immobile in orbit. You had no other choice but to tend to Uldren's wounds yourself. You couldn't exactly haul his unconscious body through the Tower just to reach your apartment for the right supplies—no—it had to be done here and now. 

Uldren was laying in the middle of the floor, his helmet sitting next to him since you had already removed it. 

You tossed your helmet onto the charcoal leather piloting seat, your (h/c) falling to your shoulders. You tied your hair in a ponytail to get it out of your face as you'd get to work. 

"Do we have any medical supplies in here?" You asked your Ghost, rummaging through your various compartments under the navigation system. 

"Yes, there should be a small medical kit in here." (G/n) appeared in a flash of blue, hovering to the storage container a few feet from you. 

You made your way across the small space, kneeling beside the black chest. You lifted the lid and fished through it, hoping to find anything of use. To your luck, you found a relatively old-looking medical kit. The white was more of a beige now, and there were many dents across the once smooth surface. 

That should do the trick. You took hold of the case.

As you approached Uldren a pang of worry struck you, he was in really bad shape. His armor was splattered with blood, mostly his own from the looks of it, and his face seemed to have gotten paler.

You knelt beside Uldren and opened the medical kit with a click. There were bandages, gauze, wipes, and a handful of other things. To put it simply, you had no idea what you were doing, it's not like you had to do this sort of thing often. It's been ages since you last used any of this. Your Ghost always healed you with the Travelers Light so what's the use of learning that skill.

Your gaze flicked between all the supplies, pondering on which to take. After a minute you decided to take out the basics: elastic bandages, rolled gauze, and antiseptic wipes. That should somewhat help with keeping infections at bay. 

There were two major injuries you could see, a gash on his stomach and right shoulder. Crimson blood was oozing from both nonstop. He was losing too much blood. There was too much.... red. You tried calming your nerves, feeling the pressure of this situation. 

He could die. 

It would be your fault. 

"You got this, (Y/n). Start with cleaning the abrasions and wounds with the wipes," (G/n) gently reminded you, snapping you out of your thoughts.