New Son

Makotos pov

I paced back and forth nervously. My wife kyoko is a brilliant detective who's apart of a long detective bloodline. I'm so proud of everything she's accomplished but I'm also incredibly worried cause the job she has is incredibly dangerous!

My worries faded once I heard my wife enter the house "I'm home" she stated.

"kyoko your back-" I stopped when I saw a small child in her arms "who's this little guy?" he hid in her chest once I said it.

"this is shuichi saihara" kyoko said calmly "his family was murdered by a mysterious serial killer"

"poor kid" I muttered. I bent down to his level and smiled warmly "welcome to the neagi family shuichi. I have a feeling your going to fit right in"

"thanks you sir" he mumbled shyly.

"he won't be staying long" kyoko muttered "we're just keeping him here until he can give us information on his parents killer. Then we'll give him up to social services"

I stared at her in disbelief. What she said just sounded so heartless but I'm sure she knows what she's doing. I'm just a sentimental fool after all.

"come on shuichi" she smiled at the little boy "I'll give you a tour of the house"

"ok" he nodded as they walked off together.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Ok mokoto do not get attached! It will do you no good and you'll only end up broken hearted.

Oh if only it was that easy!