Aunty Komaru

Makotos pov

We were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. Things were a little tense between us since last night. We could barely get a word into each other.

"did I do something wrong" shuichi asked nervously.

"what of course not buddy" I said gently "adults just sometimes have disagreements. That doesn't mean it's your fault"

"but we are fighting about him" kyoko brought up.

"kyoko that's enough!"

"you shouldn't lie to him mokoto"

"yeah well maybe lying is better than hurting a little boy who's been through hell!"

Our heated debate was cut off by the doorbell ringing. I opened the door to see my sister komaru standing with a huge grin on her face.

"hey big bro" she pulled me into a hug "how's the married life treating you?"

"not so bad" I muttered "we did have a fight this morning"

"oh well that's gotta happen sooner or later. It would be unhealthy if it didn't" she gasped once she saw shuichi "who's this little cutiepie?"

"this is shuichi. We plan to adopt him" I said proudly.

"mokoto-" I put my hand up to silence her. I really wasn't in the mood for her attitude!

"I'm an auntie" komarus eyes lit up "oh welcome to the family cutie. Your going to fit right in-"

"that's enough!" kyoko yelled "shuichis not part of this family and never will be!"

Shuichi looked to the floor, tears brimming in his eyes. Oh that's it!

"komaru could you babysit shuichi while I have a talk with kyoko" I said trying to keep my cool.

"Umm sure" komaru picked shuichi up while me and kyoko left the house.

Hopefully we can sort things out once and for all.