Like Before

Kaownah woke up the next morning with an empty bed next to him. He immediately checked the clock thinking that he must have woke up late but fortunately, he wasn't. He was panicking for nothing. But soon, the panic turned into confusing.

Where has Turbo gone early in the morning? Kaownah was curious if Turbo didn't come home last night. He totally had no idea that Turbo answered his phone call last night.

Kaownah sat up on his bed and scratched his eyes as they felt itchy after being forced open in shock. He felt so lazy and just has no motivation to go to class for some reason he just didn't want to go out of his room and he really wanted to know where has Turbo been since last night.

He took his phone on the nightstand and found a sticky note stuck on it. He took it off and read it.

'I have something to do at home, might not coming back for a week. Today you have an appointment with Doctor Harold, more detail ask your sister.'

"Turbo?" He thought to himself. Now, his curiosity getting even bigger. Like, how did Turbo knows about his appointment that he himself doesn't remember and when did Turbo come back or went out this morning and also, why does he have to go back home and it's for a week?

There are so many questions but he knew he won't get any answers for the questions. There was a question he was curious about and has an obvious answer. Why Turbo put a sticky note instead of sending a chat to him? The answer is simple, he didn't have Kaownah's number or even Line ID.

Kaownah sighed out and went out of his bed. Then, he went to take a bath after telling his lecturer that he won't be attending his classes today because of the appointment.

----------

"Are you okay?" Fourwheels asked. Even though his eyes were set on the road, Turbo knew the questions is for him.

"Hmm..." He replied half-heartedly. Honestly, he didn't want to go back home and meet his father nor his step-mother. He did not see any point why he has to go there. He was already annoyed even before arriving at his home.

"Phi Bo... We are not far yet, so if you are not ready there still time to turn back around." Fourwheels said. He could sense the stiffness in his brother's tone.

"No need. We already on the way. Whatever the things I should do there I should do it fast and end it for good. So I can go back to live my life the way I want." He replied coldly.

"Phi...I'm sorry if what I do annoys you..."

"Isn't it too late to say sorry? You even dragged me to the birthday party last month. Do I have any choice now? Keep driving or you will have to go back to Australia."

"Krab Phi..."

As they arrived at the mansion, the familiar maid greeted them at the gate. Welcoming them warmly. It has been a long time since Turbo saw them. Honestly, he did not miss this place. Not even a little. Not even the happy times, because it all ends in a bad way.

Well, who would consider divorce is a good thing anyway?

"Aunty... Sawasdee krab." Fourwheels wai to a lady in a pink dress who was busy cooking in the kitchen. Unlike Turbo, Fourwheels is more friendly and it wasn't hard for him to be close to their step-mother that fast. The lady smiled as she saw Fourwheels and her smile slowly fade away when he saw Turbo standing behind Fourwheels.

Fourwheels who sensed the awkwardness started a conversation with the lady.

"Today I bring my brother, you might have to cook a little more dishes." He said and the lady flashed a smile to Fourwheels.

"Do you want me to cook a little or more?" She asked back to tease the boy.

"A little but a lot enough for me to be full until tomorrow." He joked and the two chuckled together. Turbo who felt so out of place just looking around the kitchen.

Then, he slowly walked out of the kitchen and went to see around the house. There's not much different since the day he left it. All the furniture are still in the same place except there are a few things being added more. He stared at the wall with many pictures hanging on it. Their family picture that consist his mom, his dad, the little Fourwheels and the little him still hanging on the center as if to show anyone who sees it that they are the main in this area. Then around it were pictures of him and Fourwheels. There's even a picture of Fourwheels graduating from his high school abroad. He smiled seeing the pictures. A sense of proud and happy overwhelmed him.

At least, his dad really keeps in touch with what his brother is doing there.

"Did you miss it?" A voice greeted him from behind. Turbo was shocked that his shoulder jumped a little bit. The rough and hoarse voice he has not heard after a long time. He didn't dare to turn around since he was trying to avoid such an emotional conversation. If there's anything he wanted to say, he wished his dad would say it straight so he can get it done right now, right at this time.

"You have not been home for a long time. You have missed a lot of fun." He continued.

"I come here not to have fun. I have something to settle." He replied coldly.

The old man just let out a heavy sighed.

"I heard you are living in a dorm."

"..." Silence.

"Does it comfortable?"

"It's 2 times better than here." His eyes still glued to the family picture and he did not even spare a glance to the man behind him.

"I heard you are working at some workshop. Does it pay you better too? Much more than what inside your card?"

The credit card, he has never touched it. He had put it inside the deepest place inside his closet so he won't found it. No matter how hard the situation he will face, he will never use the card. He really didn't need it. He felt like if he did, he was lost. People would think that he didn't want to listen to them but still living off with the money they gave to him.

They make it looks like it was him who was at fault. As if living his life the way he wanted to is wrong. Choosing something he loves is wrong. He hated it when people talking about him.

"You are silent like this...are you in some sort of hard situation?"

"No. The only worst situation I have face is the divorcement of two people I used to love so much." He said and left the room to avoid more personal questions like that. He felt like it was too late to care about him right now. Why didn't do it back then? Before they declared the divorce right in front of the two little children who were too innocent to understand anything but too afraid to see such quarrels in front of them. Vividly, clearly.

----------

"You are doing very well. So much better than the last meeting. I'm happy to see you being in this way." The doctor said while writing something on his clipboard. He looked up at Kaownah and flashed him a bright and warm smile. Kaownah smiled back as he also feels glad to hear that. It took a lot of times to get better like this. He really wishes that sooner he can be like other normal people and enjoy his new life that has just started. Talking to people without feeling anxious or afraid. Being the friendliest and happiest person and mostly being not too addicted to people.

It was still early and he had told his lecturer that he won't attend any of his class, so he had a lot of times to kill. He went to some shopping, eating, watching a movie and a lot more by himself. As if a self-reward for himself and because he was so happy. In addition, he could also get his mind off of the trending things about him and Turbo that still going around social media.

-----------------------------------------------------------
a/n : unedited. have a great day <3