Chapter 41

"To celebrate our first taste of the rice wine!" Malakas na sabi ni Yanna saka itinaas ang baso sa ere.

Gumaya naman si Rachel sa kanya.

Sabay nilang tinungga ang mga bote nila.

Sabay din silang napasigaw pagkatapos nilang inisang lagok ang mga bote nila saka sabay na tumawa nang halos magkasabay din silang dumighay.

"Thank goodness! Her majesty, the empress consort needed to go to the palace, or else we can't be here."

Tumango-tango si Yanna bilang sang-ayon sa sinabi ni Rachel.

"I didn't imagine it would be this good to have a friend that I can get along with." Sabi ni Rachel maya-maya habang nakatingin sa mga bituin sa langit.

Nasa itaas sila ng bundok kung saan ay kitang-kita ang busy market sa ilalim.

The festival was held yesterday but it seems that it is always festival in the town because of the busy people.

"If the emperor didn't accept the marriage of the King's daughter which is the mother of Matthew, I don't think I can see this beautiful scenery of people now and we might also didn't meet each other. I just hope that the people here can live peacefully. Forever." May halong pait sa boses na sabi ni Rachel saka tumungga ulit sa alak niya.

Tiningnan ni Yanna si Rachel.

She can feel her sadness.

"What do you mean?"

Bumuntong-hininga si Rachel saka tumungga ulit sa bote niya.

"Although we are living a peaceful life here now, I'm afraid that time will come that the people will suffer when the crown prince will be the emperor. "

Tumungga ulit si Rachel sa alak niya.

"Is that the reason why they said you were feeling sad these past few days before we came?"

Ngumiti ng mapait si Rachel bilang sagot.

Hinawakan ni Yanna ang kamay ni Rachel.

"Don't think like that. I believe the people here will live peacefully and happily. I can promised that." Buong puso na sabi ni Yanna.

Ngumiti ulit ng mapait si Rachel saka hinarap si Yanna.

"The truth was I wasn't that happy of meeting you. Knowing that his Highness almost lost his life in his punishment just to save and protect  you. If ever his Highness died, then it will be chaotic here. I can already see now the crown prince killing the people here ruthlessly with the whole soldiers. However, I was also thankful because of what you did. His highness may almost lost his life because of you, but you took the risked to saved him and I appreciate that."

Ngumiti si Rachel sa huling sinabi niya.

"Y-you know me? D-did he tell you?" Nautal na tanong niya kay Rachel.

Rachel shook her head.

"I know his highness since we were young. He always follows his heart no matter what risk he have to go through. People may not know your identity but since I knew His highness too well. I knew the reason why he preferred to take the punishment instead of marrying Chloe because he was protecting your identity."

Tumungga si Yanna sa bote niya at hindi sumagot.

Hindi naman nagsalita si Rachel at tumungga din sa kanyang alak.

"Even though you tried to kill his highness before, I believe you fell in love with him this time. Hayyy! Love is very powerful, it can make your heart betray you, like loving the person you hate the most. I can still remember when his highness told me that he will make you his empress if he will become the emperor."