Chapter 38: Seven-Headed Snake

"Oh shit." Li Cu swallowed as he watched the sand keep rising until it soon turned into a small sand dune. Then, a huge object suddenly emerged from the dune, which could almost be described as having been "sprayed" out of the sand.

Li Cu initially looked down at the thing coming out of the sand, but soon, he could only look up at it as it rose more than three meters high. At first glance, it looked like a huge hand sticking out of the sand, but it was precisely because it was so big that Li Cu immediately understood that it wasn't a hand at all, but a strange tentacle. This thing was probably a strange snake, or some kind of creature with seven finger-like tentacles on its head.

"What is it?"

"Seven-headed snake?" Black Glasses also seemed stunned.

"What snake?" Li Cu shouted as he saw all seven fingers suddenly open like a huge claw. He immediately remembered the scar on his back, and thought: is Huang Yan's carving not really a hand, but a snake with seven heads?

He stared at the seven fingers, but felt that it was completely unlike a snake's head. Surely it's not a snake, he thought, just as the huge claw suddenly attacked and went straight for him.

At the same time, there was the sound of a gunshot behind him. The bullet flashed across his cheek and hit the claw that he had baited, pushing it back. Before the giant claw could react, he heard the sound of the bolt being pulled back come from behind him again, followed by one shot after another.

The rope shook, and Li Cu saw that Black Glasses had jumped onto the crane's boom and stood on it. He then bent over and scurried, running towards the end of the boom with a cat-like grace while firing the gun at an amazing speed.

With Black Glasses running on the aged boom and causing it to shake violently, Li Cu— hanging in mid-air— was shaken to and fro like dried meat blowing in the wind.

The giant claw was hit by five rounds of bullets in a row, but there wasn't a trace of blood. It was as if the bullet was hitting rubber, and he couldn't even see the bullet hole clearly. But it was obvious from the giant claw's actions that the impact force of the bullet was painful. By the time Black Glasses reached the top of the crane arm, he had pushed the huge claw back three or four meters.

There wasn't a sixth shot, however, as this kind of rifle could only hold five rounds. After the five shots were spent, Black Glasses threw the gun at the huge claw, and drew a black knife from behind his back.

This short knife was almost completely black and looked very heavy, and the moment it was pulled out, Black Glasses leapt out from the end of the boom. His whole body was spinning in the air as he hacked at the claw.

Li Cu had no idea that human beings could move like that, and before the rifle had fallen onto the sand, Black Glasses was already on the "giant hand", and had plunged his short knife into it.

"Big bro, if you want to kill yourself, let me down first!" Li Cu saw the huge claw shake violently from the pain, and Black Glasses on its "back" looked like a cowboy on a bucking bronco, tossed back and forth like a thin piece of paper.

Thanks to his strength, Black Glasses wasn't thrown off as the thing took several random shots before quickly shrinking into the sand.

Black Glasses gave a loud shout, but Li Cu couldn't see clearly what was going on as the claws retracted into the sand. Black Glasses fell on the ground and rolled, almost getting dragged in as well. When he swung himself up, there was something in his hand and he quickly ran back. He cut off Li Cu's rope with the knife, freeing his hands so that they could finally hang loose at his sides.