Chapter 17: Buried Cameras

Li Cu had numerous questions and wanted to keep asking them, but Wu Xie obviously didn't want to answer any more. After that, he stopped talking, sat down, and began to smoke.

Li Cu also sat down beside him, and thought about the results of their arrangement. The main thing he wanted to ask about was Wu Xie's analysis of the situation, but it seemed that Wu Xie hadn't made one. This was the second time he had felt that Wu Xie was struggling with something in his heart. Moreover, it seemed that the closer they got to Gutong Jing, the more obvious Wu Xie became.

Li Cu wanted to figure out what that reason was, but at least one thing was certain: Gutong Jing was a strange place where an apparently valuable tomb was, but all the people who went there ended up having problems after coming back.

No one knew what had happened to those people in Gutong Jing, so did that mean that they would encounter the same situation when they entered? At the thought of this, he couldn't help but be vaguely worried. If it weren't for my family possibly being dragged in, I wouldn't have kept my promise to really come here. I hope none of that is true, and that I can go home safely.

Just then, Wu Xie looked at him strangely and said, "Stand up. What are you doing just sitting here?"

"I also need a break." He stammered.

"The camels need to rest, what do you need to rest for? The scenery here is so beautiful. Go, take pictures." Wu Xie said, "The photographer's job is very important in this expedition, so don't blow your cover."

"But I can't shoot."

"Figure it out yourself." Wu Xie said, "The photographer's job is very important in this expedition, so don't give up."

Li Cu left angrily and went back to his camel. He found a hidden place in the aluminum alloy box and opened it, seeing a set of SLR cameras inside that looked quite awesome. He picked one up and fiddled with it a few times, quickly discovering that it was actually very easy to operate. He held the camera up, looked at the scenery around him, adjusted the focal length, and took several scenic shots, which he decided were quite beautiful. It turned out that with a camera like this, professional-level photos could be taken without any skills.

Li Cu got excited and climbed onto a sand dune, constantly changing the focal length and rotating the shutter in different directions, taking hundreds of photos. Suddenly, he stopped. He had seen a flash in the lens, but when he put down the camera and looked in that direction, there was only a strip of yellow sand.

He frowned. Since he was quickly rotating the camera, and the focal length was also switched very fast just now, it was only a momentary feeling. But Li Cu didn't think that he was hallucinating, so he immediately stopped and looked in that direction. However, the setting sun was already on the horizon, and things in the distance couldn't be seen clearly under this light.

Li Cu picked up the camera again and pulled it to its maximum focal length to look for the thing that had just flashed, but still couldn't find it. He was just about to check the camera's SD card to see if the thing had been photographed just now, when someone in the nearby camp let out a surprised cry. He looked back and saw a man in the grass shouting: "Quick, quick there's something here!"

The others all gathered around the shouting man, and some people asked, "What is it? Why are you shouting?"

Li Cu also slowly climbed down from the sand dune and walked to where the crowd had gathered. He found that while they were digging a hole in the sand for the bonfire dinner that night, they dug something else up.

Li Cu squeezed in and saw that there were indeed some unusual things in the excavated sand pit. Most of them were pieces of black flakes made of plastic and metal, and there were even some colored flakes mixed among them.