Chapter 130: First Outsider

"Okay, okay, I won't borrow this dog. Get it out of my way. My cousin and I are going to have a drink." The bearded said, "Cousin, stop playing with the dog. I'll buy you a Tibetan mastiff when I get back. This old dog is ugly and old. It won't last long."

No one moved. The old black cage was two or three meters behind Li Cu. Several people were squatting by the cage, while some were sitting on top of it, but no one responded.

"Fuck!" The bearded man scolded and pointed to the people around him: "So you're messing with me? Want to get him away from me, right? I was wondering why you all were so willingly to let me borrow your dog. I thought you were trying to flatter me, but you were waiting for me here! "

"Old Black is in charge of his own affairs. Do you think he'll listen to us?" Someone said. "Do you know how hard it was for us to borrow this dog from Master Two [1]? Do you think we can lend you such a great master? Let me tell you, Old Black will help you if he wants to help you, but now he likes this little brother. And if this little brother is really your cousin, you'll let him and Old Black speak for themselves."

Li Cu smiled and looked at the black dog, his cold heart overflowing with a trace of warmth. He didn't listen to the people around him; the black dog was the only thing in his eyes.

The bearded man was in a dilemma. He thought it over for a moment, and then said to Li Cu, "Why don't you and your new friend come to our place?"

Li Cu replied: "You violated our tacit agreement. Why do you think I'll listen to you?"

When the bearded man frowned, Li Cu added: "And I know so many things to tell the people here. You have nothing left now. Do you think you can take me away?"

As soon as Li Cu stopped speaking, there was another commotion around him. He scratched the dog's neck, and the dog hummed comfortably. "Anyone who wants to know all the secrets about the area underneath this sand can come and ask me. As long as you promise to get me out of this desert, I'll tell you everything."

Before the last words left Li Cu's mouth, the bearded man drew his gun. But instead of aiming at the German Shepherd, he aimed at Li Cu, and directly pulled the trigger.

The bearded man's calculation was very good. If Li Cu didn't die, then not only would the bearded man not be able to maintain his advantage, but he would also be overtaken. If Li Cu did die, then the bearded man could at least maintain his current advantage for a long time.

The gun went off. Li Cu was shot in the head, and fell to the ground. The bullet smashed through a piece of his skull. It wasn't Huo Dao Fu's poor marksmanship or Li Cu's good luck that saved him, but Yang Hao who had rushed up and pushed the gun aside.

"Shitty brat!" Huo Dao Fu knocked Yang Hao over and went to shoot him, but held himself back. With Li Cu dead, he didn't have many cards left in his hand.

The others rushed up and surrounded Li Cu, fighting chaotically amongst themselve until someone shouted, "Save him first! If we don't save him, we'll gain nothing but his fucking ashes!" They calmed down after a while, and lifted Li Cu up and sent him to the edge of the camp. Someone shouted, "Don't let him leave here!" Another leader shouted, "So noisy. If you want to know what he said, just follow."

From all corners of the camp, more than a dozen jeeps began following the one Li Cu was in as they rushed out of the desert.

Li Cu was unconscious, had a huge concussion, and was suffering from brain damage, which led to him having a lot of confused and illogical thoughts.

His pupils began to dilate, and the fatal brain injury began interrupting his vital signs.

The drivers were those who had been arguing with Huo Dao Fu in the crowd, but they were all very quiet at this time. One stopped Li Cu's bleeding, while the other started loading bullets into the rifles that were in the vehicle.

"Leave none alive." This was what the first man said when he raised his gun and aimed at the vehicle behind them.

The big black dog stood on a sand dune and watched the jeep convoy leave with a dejected look on his face. In the area where everyone had been gathered just now, only a dozen bodies were left. He walked back to the front of the cage, sniffed the blood Li Cu had shed, and then quietly walked back to the cage.

Yang Hao had been taken aside and beaten, but he didn't say a word. Huo Dao Fu picked him up and said: "You know what you've done. Now I have to withdraw, otherwise everyone here will come to fuck with me. But I won't let it go. Listen to me, your friend owes me, so you'll have to pay it back!"

*

Li Cu opened his eyes, and the first thing he saw was a white ceiling.

He turned his head and saw an IV drip and a strange curtain behind it.

His head hurt, and he felt dizzy for a while.

Was he completely crippled? He tried to recall what happened after he was shot, but only vaguely remembered a car chase.

He couldn't remember any of the details, only that there had been gunshots.

After more than ten minutes, he began to have feeling in his hands. He moved two or three fingers, but immediately felt a little sick.

When Huo Dao Fu had pulled out his gun, Li Cu really didn't expect him to be so quick to shoot.

He saw Yang Hao shoving the gun aside in an instant, and thought that he could avoid it, but reality was truly different from TV.

After being both shot and blown up, he began to understand why war made people go crazy. If such a thing happened every day, everyone would go mad.

He turned his head to the other side, and saw the leader of the black-clad people sitting beside him. Thinking he saw wrong, he narrowed his eyes and looked carefully. He suddenly felt that he would really be better off dead.

Here we go again, my life is in the hands of others. I still haven't managed to escape it.

"I told you you'd get out safely." The black-clad person said: "Although the price was a bit high, it wasn't in vain."

Li Cu wanted to speak, but couldn't make a sound. It appeared that something was wrong with that part of the nerve.

"You'll have at least three days before you can speak fluently. You suffered brain trauma, so you'll be affected in some ways."

"Where is this place?" Li Cu mustered all his strength to say this one sentence.

"This is 'home'." The other side said, "Welcome, you're one of us now."

"I haven't agreed yet." Li Cu said with extreme difficulty, but the headache prevented him from continuing.

"We need you. There's no possibility you won't agree." The other side said. "You can't refuse."

These kinds of remarks are really hurtful, Li Cu darkly scolded, but his head hurt so much that he didn't have the energy to say it out loud. He slowly managed to get out, "Where is this place?"

"It's not 'where', this is home." The black-clad person said, "You're the first outsider to join here in two hundred years."

****************************************

Note:

[1] This is Wu Xie's Uncle Two.