Chapter 68: See the Puzzle Clearly

Li Cu found a glaring problem with the video, which occurred in the section when his father left the bedroom and ended up in the conference room.

An ordinary person would think that his father had hidden the phone up his sleeve, thus causing the screen to go completely dark. But Li Cu didn't think that was the case, because he knew his father was a heavy drinker. His father's hands weren't that flexible, his movements weren't that smooth, and sometimes at home, he couldn't even hold a cigarette.

Li Cu believed that the latter part of the video with the meeting was real, but what his father said and what happened at the meeting were two different videos that must have been edited.

During the meeting, he had only seen the situation under the table, not who was holding the phone, so it could have been anyone recording.

And his father in the hotel room... Li Cu was one hundred percent certain that that guy was a fake. Others might not have noticed it, but Li Cu knew.

He knew that the expression on his father's face when he was agitated was very similar to this person's, but it wasn't an exact match. No one could understand better than Li Cu, who had hid in the room alone when he was a child, watching his parents arguing behind the door and seeing all their ugly expressions year after year. And afterwards, his father would drink too much and return home in the middle of the night to sit on the sofa with that vicious expression.

It was jealousy. His father was jealous of the man who was with his mother now. He hadn't let go, and the jealous feelings would always rear up when he drank.

Li Cu had to learn to read his father's face to get the story, whether it was something that went wrong at work, jealousy, tiredness, or dissatisfaction with life in general. His night would be very difficult if he read wrong.

So no one could pretend to be his father in front of Li Cu.

This man was an impostor. Others wouldn't be able to see it, but it looked completely ridiculous in his eyes. They were clearly two different people.

The splicing of the two videos was clearly intended to mislead Li Cu into thinking that his father was also on the expedition team, and that his experience wasn't accidental, but interconnected with everything.

Li Cu suddenly gave a bitter laugh.

What was the other party's purpose?

Li Cu understood that the other party only had one purpose, and that was to make sure he kept pursuing the matter and didn't quit. He suddenly found it very funny.

He looked at the key in his hand. Based on their logic, he would definitely find a way to get to that hotel, where he would probably find other clues. And all of these interlocking clues would then lead him to an addicting mystery.

Was it entertaining?

Li Cu sighed, suddenly aware of how malicious it was. This wasn't a ploy to make the fish struggle out of the net, but to keep him trapped in it forever.

This kind of undiscovered malice was really vicious, but once it was discovered, it was somewhat ridiculous.

Li Cu pulled the key and USB drive from the computer and threw them into Su Wan's garbage can full of toilet paper. He didn't understand the other party's purpose in doing all of this, but he naturally felt a strong resentment towards them.

He thought of Su Wan and everything he had experienced. Was it all done maliciously? The other party had actually hurt him and his friends, so it wasn't surprising if they had a malicious purpose.

Li Cu sat there for a while, smoked a cigarette, and then left Su Wan's house. He had a fierce little thought that it must have taken the other party a lot of effort to design it this way, so he was obviously very important to their scheme.

I'm sorry, I'll never let you get what you want.

You should know that Wu Xie struggled for two years before he started to fight back against everything. No one knew that Li Cu, who was involved in the mystery, had overcome Wu Xie's long-term suffering in only thirty days, and his thoughts at this time would eventually upset everyone's plans.

Li Cu did two things after leaving Su Wan's house. First, he went back to his house and looked under his father's bed.

The money and cards were there, which showed that the impostor knew his family very well. He didn't touch the money, however, because he knew that if it was part of the other party's scheme, then it would definitely be connected to the other clues.

If he had the money, for example, and the other party wanted him to go somewhere within a few days, they would probably use various tricks to force him there. But if he didn't take the money, neither he nor the other party could do anything about it.

If the other party had a purpose, then they would surely find ways to deal with the fact that he had "no money", but this would definitely make it more difficult for them.

The second thing he did was return to the warehouse to grab one of the guns, some ammo, some hardtack, a couple of tents, and part of the expedition equipment. He sorted out the remaining cash, returned to Su Wan's house, and then easily took Su Wan's father's car.

He was very familiar with the road and had driven without a license for many years. Some might even say he was an old hand at it as he drove directly onto the highway, using his memory and the road signs to head towards Inner Mongolia. As a result, the traffic cops stopped him at the Wuhuan exit.

Fortunately, the police didn't check the trunk. They took him to the police station to be reprimanded, and then sent the car back to Su Wan's house. As he reflected on it later, he found that he had driven too far into Inner Mongolia. He didn't have a driver's license, so even if he was stopped once, all of his efforts would be wasted.

But all the planes, trains, and buses had security checks, and even though the ones for trains and buses were very simple, it was too difficult to get past with a bag that big.

Unless he had sheer dumb luck.

Moreover, he was in Beijing, so there were plainclothes at the station. If he made any sketchy moves and was discovered by them so soon after his recent infraction, he would be completely finished.

The initial drive he felt slowly faded, and a week passed by in a flash. Nothing had happened besides Su Wan being released from the hospital.

The boy had recovered quite well, and apart from walking a little weird, he was still as lively as before. When the three of them got together and discussed the issue thoroughly, Su Wan thought Li Cu was being a little too arbitrary. In his opinion, the one in the video was Li Cu's father, and they should go to that hotel immediately.

Li Cu shook his head and told them that based on the current situation, all of these things were related. First, someone chopped up the entire expedition team and sent their bodies and equipment to him. Second, someone carved a strange picture on his back. Third, there was a video among the things sent trying to lure him to Alxa League in Inner Mongolia, and it recorded the expedition team's situation before they set off.

Leaving aside all of the distractions, could the team they saw in the video be the same group of cut up people in the warehouse? Did those fragmented bodies in the freezers belong to the person who shot the video, the woman, and the man who had spoken?