Chapter 7: Secrets on the Back

Li Cu was pressed on the bed with his back facing up, and several strong men were holding his limbs so that he couldn't move. His upper body was bare as the boss turned on the emergency lighting app on his phone and shined the strong light on his back. His eyes were almost touching Li Cu's back as he observed the scars.

Li Cu chose to submit because he found that he really had no choice at all, and no matter what decision he made, he had to take care of Liang Wan. Moreover, he felt that even if he persisted in resisting, it was meaningless. If he angered the other party, the consequences would be even worse. In addition, he could feel that although this group of people looked like outlaws, they didn't seem to be the kind who would easily take people's lives; otherwise there was no need to say so much to him.

So he chose to surrender and be studied like a roasted chicken. He thought it was all strange, considering there were a bunch of strange and terrible wounds on his back, and the photos had already been handed over. Why did they still insist on looking at his back? What did the boss mean by excellent hint? Even if there were excellent hints, the photos had been taken clearly enough. Was it as Wang Meng said and someone left something in the wounds on his back, which was why they needed to be examined so carefully? If so, he was screwed. This time he was really, truly screwed.

Just then, he suddenly felt the boss' hand began to carefully press on his back. As his wounds hadn't fully healed yet, he felt a burning pain as soon as the pressure was applied, but he didn't dare scream, so he had to grit his teeth and endure it.

At this time Li Cu heard Liang Wan say from nearby: "You'd better wash your hands, or his wound will get infected."

The boss said, "I washed them before I made the coffee." With that, he reached behind his back and took something out.

Li Cu wanted to look up, but he couldn't see it. Based on the sound, it seemed that something had been removed from a keychain, and he started to get a little nervous. Sure enough, Li Cu immediately felt something cold begin to slide right where the boss's hand had touched. It seemed to be a knife.

"What are you doing?" Liang Wan immediately scolded, "His wounds have just been stitched up and cleaned. There's absolutely nothing there."

The boss paid her no mind as the stitches on Li Cu's wound were very painfully picked apart one by one. Liang Wan could hardly bear to watch and cursed, "What the hell do you really want?" As soon as she was halfway done speaking, a hand grabbed her neck and silenced her.

Li Cu darkly scolded in his heart: sure enough, shit! But he didn't cry out, because he knew that it was useless for him to beg for mercy again under such circumstances. He might as well save some energy in order to endure the next round of pain. He tensed his back muscles and waited for the cold metal feeling.

"Don't hurt her, it's not a big deal." The boss said to the person strangling Liang Wan, "The picture on his back is the key, and the most important thing is the lines. The secret is in the lines, but not every single one is the key that contains information. The important lines must be the ones he carved first, very carefully and slowly. Those wounds should be the deepest and most irregular. As long as I find these lines, I can simplify the complexity."

With that said, the boss slowly picked out the stitches and opened the wounds bit by bit. Li Cu's face was blue with pain, but he hardly moved except to tremble.

The boss finished, took out the photos Liang Wan gave him just now, made some marks on it, and finally clapped his hands. One of the men next to him took out a medical kit and handed it to Liang Wan, meaning for her to stitch the wounds up again.