Chapter 84: Female Corpse

Li Cu scrambled to grab something, but didn't catch anything. He fell for ten seconds and then landed in water.

It was warm, and washed away the painful itching in two or three seconds.

When he struggled out of the water and saw that it was dark all around, Li Cu shouted, "Is everyone alright?"

"Something's wrong!" Su Wan shouted from a distance, "Something's biting my little brother!"

"I didn't ask about your little brother, I asked how you are!" Li Cu shouted back.

Based on the sounds of Su Wan continuing to curse, Li Cu felt that he was a little far away, but they hadn't fallen that far apart. He was about to shout again when "poof", a cold firework lit up behind him. Yang Hao floated over holding the bag. He was quite calm even though he couldn't swim, probably because he could look down and see the water's bottom, which wasn't very deep.

Li Cu looked around and saw that they were in a very big pool that had some sand on the sides.

Liang Wan was a little behind them, but closer than Su Wan. For some reason, he was far away from them, but he soon swam over.

The four of them climbed ashore and found that the pool was surrounded by sand dunes like a haizi.

"So much sand leaked down?" Su Wan wondered. "It's a great blessing we weren't buried in it."

Yang Hao tossed the cold firework up and gave a tut.

Everyone looked up. It was very high—about six meters— and there was a lot of sand sticking to the ceiling. But the ceiling wasn't concrete, it was mirrored.

They took a few steps, looked all the way around, and saw that the whole ceiling was covered in mottled mirrors. It wasn't one whole mirror, however, but countless mirrors spliced together. There were almost no seams, but the mercury was falling off badly.

This was a really strange place. If you looked up, you could see yourself standing on a sand dune, and if the lighting was strong enough, it would seem like there were two deserts facing each other.

The room was so big that they couldn't see the walls, and Liang Wan took out her floor plans, flipped through them, and took one out.

The name of this room was: "Ventilation Room."

This should be part of the air conditioning system, and such buildings were usually closed off. Liang Wan pointed to one of the circular holes marked on the paper, which should be the place where they fell down. The huge circle below represented the pool, and it was marked with the words "sand filtration".

He didn't know what purpose it served as part of the air conditioning system.

No one was waiting for them here. It seemed like Wu Xie still didn't care about these things, nor did he seem to value them very much.

The exit indicated on the floor plan was to their left, so they walked towards it in single file. The opening had been blocked by an iron door that was so thick that not even a strongman could get through.

Is it just a closed room? Li Cu wondered. Are Wu Xie and the others at another entrance?

When they returned to the sand filtration pool, Su Wan said, "Does Boss Wu mean for us to stay underground for three days?"

Wu Xie's words conveyed accurate information, and weren't meant to scare them. Li Cu looked at the pool, and then to the ceiling above his head doubtfully.

The mirror reflected the whole pool, and he saw something white floating there reflected by the mirror overhead.

He looked down at the pool, but there was nothing there. He looked back up at the reflection in the mirror, and saw something floating in the pool. It wasn't far from the shore.

It looked vaguely like a woman dressed in white, very cold and spooky.

He snapped his fingers, "If anyone sees a stone nearby, pick it up for me."

He turned and saw Su Wan fall to the ground, covering his crotch and moaning.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I told you, something bit my little brother!" Su Wan said, unbuttoning his trousers while Yang Hao approached with the cold firework. He saw Su Wan's crotch covered in thick, black hair.

Yang Hao and Li Cu looked at each other, "Your hair's a little too long."

"It's not my hair!" Su Wan went to pull it, and when he did, a thick black-haired object was yanked out.

They had killed a bunch of those kinds of snakes before, but didn't expect such a large one to be pulled out of Su Wan's crotch.

Su Wan cried out when he saw it and threw it away, straight into Yang Hao's face. Yang Hao leaped up and jumped more than a foot away.

Li Cu saw two big bloody holes had been bitten at the base of Su Wan's genitals, and black blood was starting to flow out.

Li Cu immediately thought about whether to help Su Wan suck out the poisonous blood, but he suddenly felt nauseous and looked back at Liang Wan. "Doctor Liang, what do you think we should do?"

Liang Wan didn't care and moved Su Wan's genitals away before squeezing the area around the wounds several times and asking Su Wan, "Are you dizzy? Do any of your limbs feel paralyzed?"

Su Wan said, "No, you're responsible to me."

Liang Wan slapped him, "If I'm responsible for you, I'll be widowed in an hour. Will you cooperate with the treatment or not?"

Su Wan said, "Serum, I have the serum. It's in the bag."

Liang Wan went to search through Su Wan's bag, and took out the serum, along with a syringe and a full set of disinfectants. Without asking if he was ready, Liang Wan instantly injected him with the serum and propped his head up against a sand dune. Su Wan scolded, "Why me again? Oh, hey, it's really swollen. Who has a phone to take photos for me? I'll post them on Caoliu [1]."

Yang Hao came back with his hands covered in sand and told them that the snake had run away and wasn't killed.

Liang Wan went to wash her hands in the pool and said that the snake came from the water. Yang Hao's cold firework went out, so they lit a flashlight and shined it into the water. Li Cu didn't see any traces of the snake, but he was also thinking about what had been reflected in the mirror above the pool. He looked up and found that the white thing was gone.

Did he have cataracts? He had only been puzzling over it for moment, when he heard Su Wan yell again. Looking back impatiently, he saw that the sand dune on which Su Wan had been leaning had collapsed. He had fallen on all fours and exposed what was hidden inside the sand pile.

There were five of those strange containers, which wasn't very surprising considering Li Cu had seen them before.

He gave them a few kicks, and saw that there were a lot of white fragments covered in mucus inside.

Li Cu fiddled with a few of them and found that all five were open. The mucus had dried to a plastic appearance, and there were black fur and scales inside.

"They're eggs."

These containers had held eggs. Their previous theory was that these trucks had brought the containers in, and then shipped things out. It was these eggs that they had carried out of the desert.

Eggs of that kind of snake.

Yang Hao broke up the remaining sand piles and found that there were countless containers under the sandy layers here.

"It's not suitable to stay here for a long time." Li Cu said: "No matter how, we have to get out of here; otherwise we really won't survive for three days. Sister, look for an exit. Brother Yang, help me with something. I want to make a fire here. Su Wan, take out your gun and load it."

It was possible to hide here and escape from the rain because they still had a general understanding of the environment. But if something happened here and they weren't prepared, there was no doubt that they would die.

****************************************

Note:

[1] It's a porn site (lol!). Su Wan is such a perv.