Christmas Day - Two Years Apart

(Smut Warning)

Jungkook's POV

It wasn't easy. I barely kept him and myself from the bay of an abyss of despair after he joined as a head chef in Paris. I flew with him. Being settled in his place, he was happy but his eyes seemed as if they were losing shine. The sudden death of his monster of ex-husband and then the investigation started almost instantly. He started pushing me away, wanting solace to carry his own baggage. 

I felt my heart slave to my yearnings and feelings that I couldn't give him the distance he needed right after a few months. When I was traveling every weekend to see him, he wanted me to stay back and rethink about us. I had nothing to rethink about. The moment I laid my eyes on him, I wanted him. It's my fortune he chose me and he fell in love with me. We spent the endless nights without sleeping a wink, but in the end, we found ourselves only able to breathe in each other's embrace.

One particular night, he came back from work and unlocked the door to his apartment, ignoring the fact that I was in his bed. Wearily, he laid down and pulled the covers on top of him. "Jimin," I called as I engulfed him in a back hug and heard his soft sniffles. "Baby, I can leave if you are crying on my arrival." I felt my heart go hazy as I chuckled sadly.

"Please don't leave anymore," he turned around and hugged me. "I love you." He said softly as he caressed my hair and I closed my eyes to relish the feeling of his warmth and care.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him, pulling him closer.

"I am so tired, Kookie. I get summoned almost every week to go back to Korea. It feels like my legs are chained to my past and no matter how hard I push through, I can't walk to my present. When will I get to put everything behind me?"

I remained silent, listening to his thumping heart. Being Hoseok's ex-spouse, he had to take over a few of his properties and Jimin didn't want anything. I helped in getting rid of things from his hand and to donate everything to the less privileged, turning Hoseok's golf courses into schools and whatnot.

Having to speak against Hoseok, many pointed their fingers at Jimin, speculating that he might have been behind his mysterious death, but obviously, they couldn't prove anything, but still, it hurt my angel. I knew if I could do one thing, everyone's mouth will seal and they won't be against the spouse of Jeon Jungkook.

But Jimin would not have said yes to me, given the circumstances. So I suffered with him, shared his pain. "Please make love to me," I asked him and he suddenly looked at me, keeping eye contact for over a minute before leaning in to kiss my lips. 

**

It's Christmas day again and after the rocky days we had spent, I see a silver lining. We are going to spend Christmas with my family, aka my grandma. She still soars high and I think she is going to outlive us, and I will be the happiest man if she does. 

The humble car that I have bought for Jimin, we had decided to use it for special occasions so I took it out for a ride to pick him up from the airport. He has fallen asleep as I drive towards home where a surprise is waiting for him. 

As I see the illuminating house, my eyes twinkle, and my chest is pressed with pride. This is what being a Jeon is all about. Extravagance, class, and family. 

"Jimin-ssi," I call him in a low voice, suddenly wanting to make out in the car as he opens his hooded eyes.

"Are we here?" He asks and lifts his head from the reclined seat, whipping his neck around. Sighing, he rubs his eyes and face. Before he can reach for the door, I pull him by his hand and lock my lips, tasting the mandarin-flavored lip balm and licking it all away from his heavenly lips.