10 Days from Christmas- Final Battle

Jimin was out of the kitchen carrying his white apron, a small bag in his hands and no expressions on his face, at all. He was just breathing, taking all the crisp cold air in, for that he has won. What happened in the kitchen?

They were supposed to make desserts and one local street food. The designated time assigned to them was one hour and thirty minutes. Everyone was rushing past the pantry with necessary and unnecessary ingredients in their hands. The girl ended up not getting any eggs at all and she was crying. Jimin helped her out.

There were criteria from the second round which was kept confidential from contestants, which contributed to the overall judging scores. Many were surprised when it was revealed and many were agitated. Everyone wanted to win by cutting throats today. No one stopped to think or ask anyone for help. The competition brings out either the best or worst in people.

The desserts were made and presented to the judge chefs and as usual, from presentation, to use to ingredients, creativity, colors and taste, Jimin's was far superior. Judges were in awe of how much talent exists in the world and when they do get to see it, it creates nothing less than magic.

The theme was Magic. The benchmark was Down the Rabbit Hole dessert which set up history in the line of patisseries.

Street food was a surprise element. It is fascinating cosmos, often misconstrued in numerous capacities. This fast-effacing and the endangered domain is often neglected. The #SaveStreetFood campaign is one of its kind in this revival endeavors hence it garnered attention.

**

Jimin sat on the outside seat of the café aimlessly glancing at the passengers walking by or the vehicles whizzing past him. The waiter had gone back the second time from Jimin's seat.

"What's wrong? Is not he giving any order?" His boss asked.

"No, I don't think he is okay. Should we go and ask?" He suggested.

"Let's go see. The guy looks shook." The main chef of the place replied.

They both walked out of the café and shook Jimin lightly. Jimin did not realize that tears were overflowing and the people were getting worried about him. The trance was left behind as the chef shook him vigorously, this time.

"Are you alright Sir?" He asked with raising a pitch a notch up.

Jimin looked at him and involuntarily wiped his own tears which he did not realize were there. "I won!" He said in a low voice and disbelief.

The chef kept looking at him and then his eyes fell on the Hell Kitchen Chef's apron and he instantly knew what Jimin is talking about.

"I won." This time he raised his voice a bit.

"I WON. I WON. I WON." Jimin was in euphoria now. He stood from his seat as he held the chef by his arms while expressing his content self. The staff was smiling at them fondly.

"Congratulations!" The man replied and Jimin left his arms, eyes wavering as he darted his gaze to his surrounding. Everyone was looking at them. Their smiles were happy ones, for Jimin.

"I am sorry." Jimin spoke softly.

"That's alright! I thought there was something wrong. Phew. I am relieved." The chef told Jimin.

"That's kind of you to check up on me. Thank you very much." Jimin replied.

"Do you you want to come inside and sit?" The chef asked next.

Jimin nodded.

**

Jimin found himself in the vineyard fee hours later. He had come for the wine tasting which was long pending on his bucket list for years and specially now that he was in Paris he had to do it. The vineyard was open for stags and couples and it offered a proper set buffet that you would have to buy a ticket for and enjoy for as long as you want.