19 Days from Christmas- Confession

Jimin was back to work after three days of rest. When he looked at Jungkook coming his way, dark semi circles resting below his tired eyes were visible, meaning, the night fluttered by really quickly in insomnia for him too.

"Hi Jimin." The persistent man says as he could not dare to walk behind the counter to stand with him but determined enough to slip through the veil of denial that Jimin has put around him.

"Hi Jungkook," Jimin replies with a straight face and he does not seem interested to extend the conversation further as he walks away.

There was an inconspicuous force pushing and tugging at them. "I know what I said earlier must have made you uncomfortable. I cannot help it Jimin. This is how I feel." Jungkook was blunt but his words were nicked in between.

"You can't keep saying that, Jungkook!" Jimin interjects while his hands remain busy in preparation and cooking. His gaze was dispersed anywhere but at the man in front, which made Jungkook feel as if he was absolutely not needed by Jimin, piercing cracks in his heart.

Suddenly Jimin looks up to see despair written all over his face, which throws a pang to his chest. He felt bad for the younger but he could not dare take his edge off. He needs to be tactless so he continues. "Specially when you also know it makes me feel uncomfortable. Besides, I will leave from here after Christmas."

"Then why are you scared to be near me? Jungkook took his chance to jump in on the conversation.

"I am not." Jimin retorts as his gaze shifts from Jungkook to his new equipment in the kitchen.

"Then why can't you just let me be if you are not scared of falling for me? What keeps you to pull back? I know what you are hiding." Jimin's heart misses a beat on that but his face shows no expression at all.

"There is something lurking behind that screen of convolution that you have augmented. You can hide it from me. How will you hide it from you? Do you think you will fall for me if you don't try and resist so hard? Or is it that you already have?"

"STOP IT." Jimin screams making the passersby flinch momentarily and stare at the source of the voice.

Looking through those judging eyes, Jimin walks towards Jungkook.

"I don't need a stranger telling me about my feelings who barely know anything about me." Jimin was staring deep into his eyes as if he can see through his soul and burning holes into his existence.

Jungkook gulps looking at aggression he has never seen in Jimin. But he tries to stay unfazed by Jimin's harsh words or piercing eyes which showed a form of disgust.

"If you are so sure you will not fall for me then why are you pushing me away? I say we make a bet. Let's stay friends and if you do decide to leave then you have my word, I am not coming after you. I promise you today, I will not do anything which is not comfortable for you."

Jimin looks at him, bewildered. He was astonished at Jungkook's provocation. He wanted to push him away but instead, he says, "Deal!"

Jungkook forms the words to let out as his mouth moves to convince the older further but suddenly he realizes what he heard so he let the opened mouth come back to its original position with a gulp.

"Okay then!" He nods, not believing that Jimin surrendered without putting up a fight, grinning internally.

"But if you do feel something you have to be true to yourself and come to me. You have to promise me." He demands.

"I will come to you but I am dead sure I will never fall for you. But sure, for the sake of entertainment. I will play along." Jimin replies knowing deep down that how big fat a lie it was, as he has already fallen for the younger.

Not knowing what was the convention here, being in the said situation for the first time, Jungkook decides to stick around rather than leave.

"If we are friends then you would not have any problem with me hanging out like before. Would you?" He instigates the older again.

"Why would I? Please be my guest." Jimin deadpans.

"I will help you in cooking then? Like I used to." Jungkook emphasized the latter part of this sentence as he makes his way around the booth and high jumps over the counter.

"You can assist me. I don't need help in cooking but you can find out about the Fair council founder for me." Jimin says sliding the cabinet open and drawing out spatulas.

"Why?" Jungkook asks in almost a stutter which thankfully goes unnoticed by Jimin.

"I want to thank him for this new equipment. I have asked around but nobody seems to have seen him or know him." Jimin replies blankly.

"Do you know his name by any chance?" Jungkook slyly asks.

"No, I don't. Now, will you get to work?" Jimin asks trying to get rid of Jungkook as he knew if he stayed then his heart will go haywire. He did not want to come off stupid right after they made a bet which he can't lose, at any cost.

Jungkook leaves hassled. "What would he tell Jimin now? And if Jimin gets to know that it was him who arranged the equipment for him then he might even end up not using them due to his pride and stubbornness. And who is to say how much more he will start loathing Jungkook for lying to him and hiding the fact that he is rich, which for some reason is the problem for Jimin.

He decides to give Jimin a call before he goes to find the Fair founder.

"This is Fair Founder speaking." He says as Jimin picks the call from another end.

"Oh Hello, Sir! I was trying to find you. I am glad you called. Thank you very much for the new equipment. I will have it cleaned before I leave. Who do I have to hand it over?" He asks.

"Don't worry about it. My administration will be in touch. You can sign the temporary contract of ownership and leave it behind as is." Jungkook speaks in a voice as husky as he could.

"Thank you. What was your name again? I might not have caught that, sorry." Jimin asks.

"You can call me Mr. Jeon." Jungkook replies within a split second and in the next, he hits his own head on his stupidity. He could have lied.

Now he needs to lie to Jimin about Jungkook's name if need be, but he hated the idea of lying to him. Being loyal and true to someone he loves, is all he wants.

After all, he has seen the agony which lies bring upon. In past, his ex-boyfriend has been cheating on him and lying about it for over five months when he was finally caught by him. It was an ugly breakup is, to say the least.

He walks back from his office to Jimin who looks at him and goes, "Hey Jungkook, you can rest. I just got a call from the Founder himself. I am all good."

Jungkook sighs! But for how long till Jimin discovers the truth? He will hate him then if he acts like he does not like him now.

**

What will Jimin do if and when he finds out who Jungkook really is?

Next update tomorrow, as promised!