20 Days from Christmas- Feelings

Flashback:

"I am not going crazy. I know what I saw. You promised that the shadow of your filth will never cross these doors. Why did you have to bring her here when you can fuck her all you want outside?" Jungkook woke up to these sounds.

"You are seeing things, old lady. There was no one here."

"This is my house. As long as I am alive no illegitimate desperado shall set one foot here." Jungkook's mother's voice was rising.

"What did you say? This is my house too after I have tolerated you all my life. After I became your servant in marriage. It is my right and I will claim it. I have never loved you. I have lived a life of lies. I have always loved her. And I will take what is rightfully mine." The old man started to tackle the lady and she fell hard against the kitchen counter hitting her head on granite.

"Mom!" Jungkook's mouth left a scream as he ran towards her with tears flowing turbulently.

He saw blood on floor when he gently lifted her and puller her in his lap.

"Honey! Promise me, he will not get a single penny after I die. It is all for you. Take care of your ancestral wealth and Jeon's name. I am so proud of you Son." Tears were flowing from dying old lady's eyes.

His father stood fear-stricken. He did not want to kill her but he accidentally did.

"No Mom! Nothing is happening to you. Please hold on." Jungkook frantically ran taking her in arms and putting her in the car to hospital as she bled all the way. He kept crying and begging God for mercy but it was not bestowed upon him. The only family he had was snatched from him that day.

The mother was separated from her own son and the one she always thought was a family, who she fought for all her life became a cause of her death after breaking her heart cruelly. She did not leave in peace which is what Jungkook most regrets.

He woke up from the nightmare that her mother was in pain. His heart was beating vigorously as he bolted upright, trying to even out his breaths. It was seven in the evening when he peered at the wall clock.

He decided to visit his mother's grave carrying a Ranunculus bouquet. Just when he entered the graveyard he felt the difference of silence between life and death. Looking outside he discovered how everything has two sides. The festivities have the light of the city and the darkness with just silent wails of the dead like an amiable disposition of the living people on the outside and the still storm roaring inside.

It all means that nothing is here to stay. Everything with time deteriorates. Love is something that eases the journey you decide to take.

As he sat on his knees on the moist soil the coldness seeped through his body making him cold. Not because of the weather but for the fact that he was left all alone, without fiber of love in his life. Tears rolled his eyes as he looked at the tombstone and the words shone "A loving mother, My Iron Woman."

"Gone too soon, mom! You have no idea how I miss you. I never thought I would have to see you in shroud. I see a bridge but every time I go through it, like a drunken sailor, I find myself at the same place again. Be my guiding star, Mom!" 

"I should have been less selfish. Always asking you to love me. Always asking to guide me. I should have done more for you when you were suffering all alone." He could not speak anymore, his voice broke due to the heavy sobs, thinking of the past.

Clutching the flowers to his chest he cried for hours and at the end, he miraculously felt the peace of mind, like he always did. He felt as if his mother sat with him stroking his hair lovingly and telling him that everything is going to be alright, that his life will turn out beautiful, that he has been that one string of happiness in her life that made it worth her life and salvation.