1 Day from Christmas- Apprehension

Jimin starts to pack up a few of his belongings as he has planned to leave tomorrow. This Christmas will be unique with the gaiety of self-perseverance and downheartedness of forsaking that one very precious someone. 

He gathers his clothes and utilities, putting them in the trunk at once. Deciding to leave the kitchen items behind for Clara, he finishes the packing for today leaving few last-minute things for tomorrow.

It was a nice hot summer when he read about Positano and its Christmas Fair. Being intrigued by the pepped spirit of locals here, he immediately and excitedly applied for his own booth well in advance and it got approved. He never thought it was Jungkook to approve his request and that he would be the one responsible for his next venture. A life-changing one.

He had talked to Clara about the apartment beforehand. Clara and Ollie were kind enough to him to offer the homestay for a month without even meeting him. The first day he landed in Europe, he took a hotel and went to work. Spilling water on Jungkook on the very same day was the beginning of beautiful flurries in his sad life. 

Jungkook had visited this place thrice, thought Jimin as he looked around the room and his small balcony where they had dinner together. How he became wet on a bike ride and fell sick. It was then Jimin realized how much he cares about Jungkook. He had felt attraction at the first sight but who wouldn't? After all, it was Jeon Jungkook. 

Jimin saw shooting stars in Positano for the first time in his life and he knew what Yoongi's wife Zai would say. "Lucky you! I have never seen a shooting star in my life." Jimin wishes for her that she does soon enough.

How Jungkook helped him with his job, took him on a roller coaster, literally and figuratively. What a day it was! The thought brought a bright smile to Jimin. On the other hand, the next thought made him tear up. It was when he was on the beach, the way Jungkook made him feel was weightless against gravity, a feather lightly gliding through clouds, as Jungkook held Jimin's hand, the latter got the premonition in form of his imagination that Jungkook was his source of happiness and smiles. It was mystical.

Jimin also knew that Jungkook got a bit jealous of Yoongi and he felt it was cute. The way they went on the drive when Jungkook took that 5kms turn, Jimin did not know he was taking the right turn for his future. If it was not for Jungkook trying to take him to the restaurant with good music and food he would never have talked to Adriano and never got this big break.

Jungkook did almost make his wishes come true. Some lift their beliefs when they grow up and some start to make believe that Santa is real after they are all grown up, just like Jimin.

He was ecstatic when he came to Positano. He wanted to see Christmas but ironically he would be leaving the city on Christmas day. Instead, he met the two of three Ghosts of Christmas for which he is more than grateful.

He got exactly what he ever asked for. But humans are greedy. Aren't they? Now he wants something or to be more accurately someone else who he knows is not going to be his. Ironic!

Clara and Ollie did not get a chance to do the Barbeque party as they discussed because of Jimin's unplanned extension period in Paris so they decided to do it today. They had planned a farewell for Jimin.

Technically Jimin would be the one to cook, but at least they had good intentions.

After getting all done with half of his packing, Jimin goes downstairs to his house owners to get his last party started. But he misses Jungkook like crazy.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was finally ready for his Christmas routine by adorning hues of black in form of a dark house, drawn curtains, black attires, and the best gloomy face he could pull off. 

The house curtains are all blocked to prevent the entry of any form of illumination, and this year, Jungkook has new wounds to his heart to cry about. He is all pepped up for this one with all the zeal he could muster. 

Crying this year will be extra special because this year, he will do it for not one, but two people whom he loves the most and lost. 

Yesterday

Jungkook was walking Jimin back home. "I want to say something to you." Jimin spoke hastily once he glanced a peek at his home visible from a distance.

"I am not in the mood to talk right now. I am sorry, Jimin." Jungkook replied, thinking Jimin must tell him sorry that he cannot be with him and he was in no condition to bear any more pain as of now.

"Very well," Jimin stated slowly as he turned his gaze on the road. They kept walking, and the house kept zooming in more and more by the step.

"Jimin," Jungkook softly cooed. "Your husband will not give you trouble anymore. Live free from now on." He spoke as if it was the parting gift from Jungkook to Jimin while stopping.

On the other hand, Jimin kept walking. He turned to look at younger in astonishment as the words hit and sank. Was he supposed to be scared of Jungkook or judge him for the choice he made? Was he supposed to say something or ask him why did he decide to interfere in his personal life? Was he supposed to ask him why he did what he did? But Jimin knew the answer to the last question. He decided to not ask him anything because he had his answer by the way he felt right there. He felt relieved.

Jimin nodded twice before turning back to continue, but noticed that the younger was not following suit. He hesitantly glanced back. "We haven't reached home yet."

"I know. I don't think I can go any further. Let's part ways during the journey rather than a destination." Jungkook's voice was quivering and Jimin knew better that he would break if they continued talking.

He had inflicted enough pain on the man so he nodded again. "Goodbye, Jungkook." He said with a smile and gleaming eyes. 

A voiceless quaver left Jungkook's lips followed by a sharp gasp. Jimin took one more step ahead but stopped when younger called him. "One last hug?" He asked with the same quivering voice. 

Jimin silently wiped his tears and turned to walk up to Jungkook but collided with him just as he took a swift turn and Jungkook wasted no time to engulf him in a longing hug. 

**

Do you see me crying? I am, literally. Stupid me. 

Next update tomorrow, as promised! - Oh how am I going to miss saying this. : )