Christmas Day - A Gift

"Merry Christmas!" Jimin wished himself as soon as his eyes opened from the irregular sleep he could manage to get last night.

A strange pain engulfed him and his chest felt heavy with actual weights pulling him. He tried to yeet it down because he had enough reasons to keep going.

Having brunch real quick, because he woke up quite late and it was past noon, he started to pack remaining items. Finally, it was turn for recipe books.

How his life changed in a month is beyond contemplation for him. The microcosm has its own way of whelve which no one completely interpreted. He slid open the nightstand drawer and pulled out the books one by one. There were three missing which he had sent for publication.

His eyes were gleaming with unshed tears. Feeling his throat hurting him, he got up and shook his head vigorously, not wanting to panic. He walked slowly towards the small balcony and put his hand over the chair where Jungkook sat once. The tears managed to escape now and he let them, silently.

He slumped against the chair onto the floor covering his cheeks with his palms. Crying for a considerable amount of time was what he needed right now. He ambled back to the unfinished packing and picked out the book. A card fell from it which was sent by Jungkook along with the maple tree sapling he had planted. He bent to pick the card and kissed it goodbye before stuffing it inside the book again.

Suddenly, fishing out his phone, he put a reminder 5 years ahead. If consequences and situations permit, he would come back here and visit the plant and see its growth. One event lead to another when he started to think about how it all started.

The entire time Jimin thought about Jungkook he carried a beautiful smile.

Sighing, he took out his first ever recipe book that he has written. He wanted to keep this book safe with him forever if he ever made it big, to tell his grandkids the story of his legacy but right at the moment, he decided to dedicate it to Jungkook. The man who changed his life.

He had nothing else to offer to coal black-haired boy. "Thank you. Without you, I would not have been here." Jimin thought of Jungkook as he slowly fluttered by the pages and stroked the glossy binding of the book one last time. His eyes fell on a pink paper peeking through. He pulled it out, folding it he put it in his wallet.

As if tears were playing hide and seek with him, they emerged again.

He could feel the festivities all around, the smell of sweets and savories brewing up in the house. A hint of flavorful gems, carols, mulled wine, giggles, and color red was sure to give him a dash of festive whiff. "Thank you so much." He uttered to the city looking through the balcony. It was dark but the illumination around Fair made this place brightest on earth.

Coming back inside the room and eyeing it, he had to say goodbye. "Thank you. You changed my life albeit we were together for only some time."

He slowly dragged the bags out and reminisced everything in a quick series of flashes looking fondly all around before finally locking the room.

**

After handing over the keys and saying final goodbye to Clara and Ollie, Jimin comes out and deeply takes in cold crisp air inside, pulling out his phone in the process.

"Hello, Zai. Merry Christmas to you and Yoongi." He says excitedly.

"Merry Christmas Jimin! I am so happy you called. We were waiting for a long time." Zai tells him with equal zeal.

"Where is Yoongi?" Jimin asks.

"Right here. I am on speaker."

"Merry Christmas Yoongi. Wait for your presents. They will reach definitely but a little delayed." Jimin chuckles.