𝟹:𝟻

Daichi closed his bedroom door

Daichi closed his bedroom door. The house was quiet for once. He didn't like how quiet it was. He was so used to the yells and screams of his teammates, his second family.

The captain sat down at the edge of his bed. He put his face in his hands, as all of the emotions he was holding in came crashing down on him all at once. Tears fell from his eyes and down his cheek. The tears just kept coming, no matter how hard Daichi tried to stop them.

"Why can't he remember? W-why did it have to be him to get hit? Why can't h-he just be better?" Daichi mumbled as he cried into his cupped hands.

He hated this. He hated this feeling he was having. He hated the way Y/n is now. He hated that he couldn't do anything at the time of the accident. He hated on how useless he feels right now.

"It happened so f-fast. W-why did it go so f-fast?"

Daichi just wants the hugs Y/n gives out. He wants the reassuring words the shorter always says. He wants Y/n's warmth, his smile, his happiness. He wants Y/n to be okay, most importantly. He wants Y/n to remember all of the good times they had together.

All of the meat bun runs, all of the extra practices, the sleepovers, the playful times, all of the time they had spent together was down the drain. All of the time and heart Daichi put into those interactions, were gone, most likely to never be seen again.

"Why.... why.... why couldn't he remember me?"

Daichi looked up as his wall, hands on his mouth as he sobbed.

"Please remember me, Y/n."