Chapter 18

Hufflepuff dormitories

Kiara rinsed out her hair for the fifth time but still the purple colouring would not budge. She mumbled incantations over herself towards different sections of her hair. The hex that Draco used had no direct reverse-spell, so she was having to improvise on how to tackle it.

She sat on her bed, flipping through a potions book, hoping she could reverse the damage by lunch.

"Woah," Said Georgia, upon entering. "What happened to you?"

Kiara closed the book in frustration, magically drying her hair and pulling her cloak over her head.

"Ki wait, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Kiara replied. "Just have to get to the library."

She left the dorm without a second thought, closing the door shut behind her.

Georgia glanced at the book, wondering how she'd ended up purple. Maybe a new one of her Dark Lord discoveries. An exploding book of sorts, perhaps.

She shrugged, deciding to apply a bold eye look on top of her normal makeup. She decided she didn't want to make George jealous anymore, it wasn't fun, it just hurt. Yes, as far as she was concerned it was time to move on and move up in the world. Mila could have him.

//////////////////////
The Grand Hall, later
/////////////////////

"Adele!" Shouted Harry, running up to the Slytherin as she stood with her new girl group in a cluster.

She raised an eyebrow at him, cocking her head sideways.

"Potter."

"Adele, you've been avoiding me for weeks, what's happened to you?"

"A glow up, duh." She smirked.

"This isn't a glow up! You're a Slytherin! Why did you just leave us all with no explanation?!"

"Why haven't you got the message?"

"Adele, I'm your friend!"

"Enough, Potter!" Said Draco, pushing his way through the crowd to reach his girlfriend. "Question time is over."

"This isn't you Del, tell me what's going on!"

"What's going on is that we're not friends anymore, golden boy, I don't owe you any explanation, I'm perfectly capable of knowing what's 'me' and what isn't. This is who I am now, so just accept that. Leave me be." Adele smiled innocently at him, turning around and leading Draco to their usual seats.

Dumbledore introduced the evening with various announcements, mainly disclosing when the next date for the games would be.

Adele had completely forgotten about the tournament, she would miss sitting with the girls and snacking on her usual Hufflepuff-specific refreshments.

Remorsefully, she glanced to where her best friends usually sat, hoping to get a clear look at their faces. But looking over she could only see Georgia sat alone, looking rather dolled up and staring into space, not seemingly bothered by Dumbledore's speech.

She searched for Kiara, scanning her eyes across the table. She found her on the far end of the Hufflepuff bench, her thoughts spoken out loud as Draco also seemed to notice her change of position.

"What's Ki doing with Cedric Diggory?" He asked.

"They're friends I think," She whispered. "But I didn't know they were good friends."

"Good friends huh. He better just be a friend, now's not the time for complications."

"How would Ki seeing Cedric become a complication?"