Chapter 38

The progress they had made was rather impressive and Georgia was shocked by the accuracy of George's estimations. It was quicker than he had guessed in fact, there seemed to be just the one layer left. They had been dismantling the rock wall since the early morning and only had a few more hours labour in them. Without food the energy to work wasn't coming as easy as it once did.

"Come on," Said George, wiping some of his sweat from his forehead and exhaling dramatically. "Let's break."

Georgia's hair had frizzed up from the exertion by this point, she was exhausted and more than happy to take a breather, but of course couldn't show she was willing to give in so easily.

"Weren't you the one who said we should be doing more mining and less talking?"

He had moved to lay down on a pile of rocks they had mounted up, using it as a lounger and throwing a small stone up in the air, catching it with the same hand again, apparently not too eager to taste the freedom of the outside world.

"Ah yes. But that was the moody me, Mr brooding and tortured and life is so hard being stuck in a cave alone with you, bla bla bla."

"It's not a cave-"

"Gosh, what a bore. It's a wonder you can even put up with me like that. No matter, we all have our bad days." He shot up instantly and clacked his heels together, tipping a non existent hat and giving her a little wink.

"Or hours, rather. Well some of us do at least, others of us just hop through life without a care in the world. Which reminds me..." He was digging through his pocket for something or another but seemed to abandon the task, suddenly raising both hands chaotically, projecting his voice over the chamber. "Round up, round up I say! And feast your eyes on the most exquisite, spectacular Weasley-special show yet!" He did a small spin and led her to a particularly large boulder to use as a seat, she laughed in response.

"You are our lucky candidate today, Miss Georgia- G Black! For you are the first person in the entire world to ever see our much sought after, incredi-tastic most latest invention; the brazen bamarific bouncing boombazzler!"

"George!" She chuckled, attempting to stand but he only pushed her back down again.

"Not before the main event! Prepare yourself for the wonder, for the vision set for a lifetime!"

He prized out what he had presumably been looking for; a small multicoloured box with a thick red outline and a giant 'W' drawn in tacky gold right in the middle. He pressed its button, shooting out an array of what looked and sounded like plain old fireworks. Although they were near the basilisk, she remained asleep and indifferent.

But as the sparks began to fly and dance, they started to mould into a woodland scene; two rabbits chasing each other around a toadstool.

Georgia was astounded and began clapping gleefully like an ecstatic child, laughing and pointing at the skit like it was Mickey Mouse at Disneyland. George looked on at her adoringly whilst he could still catch a moment but before he knew it, his display was over and she cut his daydream short.

"Oh George!" She said turning to him. "That was amazing! When did you two come up with that?!"

"Well, we started it back at home, but following Riddle around got so boring that we decided to finish it together on the job. God forbid I ever end up so emotionally tortured that I forget to have fun, like Ki."