Chapter 13

"Sorry mate, it's a hard L to take," Fred said to his brother, half playing the part of the compassionate twin, half making a mockery of the situation.

The two were walking around the corridors aimlessly, after hours.

"Funny Freddy, but it's not an L. I'll win her over, give it time."

"Time? In that case the girl needs Big Ben himself from the way it's looking," Fred chuckled. "Why don't you get her that for Christmas?"

"Big Ben, really?"

"Only as a joke."

Overhearing voices in the distance, the twins stopped talking. They immediately hid behind a wall, listening in.

"We can't apparate inside the castle Ki, we'll have to fly." They heard Draco Malfoy say. What was he doing flying at this time of night?

"Draco," Kiara moaned. "You know I hate flying." The twins exchanged a look, what was the small Hufflepuff doing with the notorious Slytherin prince?

"It's okay Ki, just look straight ahead and follow me." Georgia reassured her best friend.

"G?" Said George, instantly rising to see them.

"George - wait!" Fred attempted to stop his brother, who had already walked over to the group and pulled the Hufflepuff back.

"What is the meaning of this?!" He half yelled, looking between Draco and Kiara, who glanced at each other unimpressed with the time they were losing.

"George! Listen, Adele is in trouble and we have to help." Georgia pleaded.

"And why have we summoned the star of Slytherin weekly to get that help?"

"Funny. Look, George is it? Adele is my priority," Draco stated matter-of-factly. "We don't exactly have time to stand around here all day questioning my loyalty to her when she's in real danger. Help or don't help weaselbee I don't care, but we need to go,"

"Draco," Kiara rebuked his name calling , turning to the Gryffindor. "George, just come, I know you won't leave G alone just with our supervision. Fred, wake up Harry and the others, bring them as fast as you can on broomstick to Malfoy Manor, we're going to need all the help we can get."

George nodded, grasping Georgia by the hand. They all faced the grand entrance, about to run out to the quidditch field. 

But as they looked over, they saw a sight that shocked them to the core. Something no one had foreseen.

It was Adele, walking in, appearing to be all in one piece. The only troubling factors were that her expression was void, her eyes slightly sullen in and her face ghastly pale.

"Adele!" Georgia ran over to her first. "What happened, are you okay?!"

"Went for a walk." She said. "There were creatures in the forest, I was there for a while." Her tone was robotic, she stared straight ahead, as if someone was controlling her from behind with invisible strings.

Harry came out from behind her, looking grieved.

"Harry??" Fred asked. "What are you doing here?

"Adele nearly died tonight, she was attacked. I found her almost completely soul sucked by a dementors kiss." He put his arm around her, causing Draco to tense up and his cousin to place a hand on his chest, warning him to not make a move.

"Why didn't you say she wasn't in the dorms ages ago? She was supposed to be with you Georgia, she was gone for hours! What would've happened if I hadn't happened to be at Hagrid's tonight?"