Chapter 19

Five months later

June

////////////////////////////
Slytherin common room
////////////////////////////

"Adele!" Clarissa Greylake beckoned her over.

The Slytherin gatherings were noticeably different to the types of parties Adele was used to. But apart from the illegal activity and downright dangerous stunt moves performed by the older years, Adele was starting to actually find them enjoyable. This particular party was in honour of the Triwizard final, due to take place the next day.

Adele walked over to her friend, she wouldn't say she was overly close with any of the Slytherin girls, but her convenient popularity made it easy to fit in with pretty much anyone in the house. Clarissa was one of her three other roommates, she was pleasant, but rather stuck up.

"I thought you should know that Draco left to go to his room, he seemed a bit off."

"Oh right, thank you!" Adele replied graciously, deciding to go up and check if he was alright.

Adele walked into his room confidently, she often spent time there so she was well acquainted with the password by now.

Her throat dried up almost instantly as her eyes fell to the sight before her. She felt faint, like someone had ripped her heart directly from her chest, her windpipe felt significantly more narrow and she wasn't sure she was still breathing.

There Draco was, pushed against a wall and tongue tangled with her roommate, Jessica Liogreet.

Draco pulled away from the red head, rushing over to his girlfriend.

"Adele, listen to me, okay? I swear to you this is not what it looks like, I came in here and she pounced on me!"

But Adele didn't listen, tears blurred her vision as she walked away, only focused on where she could go, where she could run.

Draco latched onto her, begging and pleading for her to believe him.

"PLEASE ADELE, I swear!" He almost screamed, tears running down his own face as he tried to keep up with her speeding up strides.

"Never speak to me again, I don't want anything to do with you!" She cried, running out of the Slytherin dungeons and into the dark of the night.

////////////////////
The next morning
////////////////////

"Hey Ki," Said Hermione, entering the library and sitting next to her.

"Oh hey," Kiara replied, closing her book. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry I've been such a crap friend, this year has been crazy."

"You're not a crap friend, I understand it's been hard."

"Where's Georgia? I've barely seen you two together, she's always with Seamus these days."

"Well that's where she'll be, I expect."

"I don't understand, what happened with her and George?" Hermione shook her head.