Chapter 32

"So we have a little problem," Kiara announced, hopping up to sit on the table in front of the chalkboard of the room of requirement.

"Riddle may or may not know we have his diary."

She had summoned the six in early on Sunday morning, the sun had barely risen, only offering a mild glow of dawn, enough to walk around in, but not nearly enough to stop them from feeling tired. The room was filled with a contagious spiral of multiple yawns. Sky was, in her sleepy state, still admiring the bracelet that she now wore to be alerted in times of assembly.

"It's just so pretty," Said the Hufflepuff in noticing that Kiara was tutting at her lack of focus disapprovingly. She bit her lip and mumbled a quick apology, folding her arms in an effort to keep herself from continuing to get distracted.

"I guess it's our fault for assuming that he would be stupid enough not to notice it missing. How do you know he thinks it's gone?" Draco asked.

"He told me."

"He told you?"

"Yes,"

"When?"

"I was searching for a book in the-"

"You were alone with him?!"

"Yes, Draco. Keep up. Now the point I'm making is that he has given us until tomorrow to return it, something I refuse to do. Nevertheless, if I don't meet his conditions he's made it pretty clear I will face a repercussion." She crinkled her nose in mild disgust before twiddling her wand around her fingers. Still her demeanour seemed relatively calmer than usual, more at ease and somewhat pleasant.

"Just give it to him then Ki!" Gasped Adele.

"Absolutely not."

"Why?! There's nothing in it!"

"That's not the point, Adele, it's the principal. So, the new plan is; if I wind up dead-"

"If you what?!" Georgia exclaimed, mildly choking on a trickle of hot coffee that she drank too fast.

"If I wind up dead, which is very unlikely by the way, I've placed all of my memories into these bottles." She referenced twelve small individual glass vials that lay in labelled alphabetical order on a dark blue velvet fabric. "I will be hiding them in several locations which you will be able to locate based on the maps I have allocated to each of your desks. I've also got a potion specifically designed to react with the cold blood in my system which I will take monthly, in case I am killed. It will scribe Tom Riddle's name on my skin; letting the coroner know who was responsible, regardless of the actual cause of death. As well as this I'll have a note on my person at all times if this charm so happens to fail. Of course this is in the event that you will all have your memories wiped by the time you find out I'm dead which again is highly unlikely-"

"Merlin's beard." Draco gawped. "The insanity; it's worse than we originally thought. Greg-"

"George."

"call the doctor or perhaps a priest-"

"It's just a precaution Draco, I'm not saying I will die,"

"But you are saying you would be willing if necessary." Adele interrupted, blinking at her bestfriend in astonishment.

"Yes." She replied after a brief hesitation, sighing at the reaction of each of her peers. "The point of taking these measures is that if something drastic happens, good can come from it. He'd be imprisoned for life for killing a student. The idea here is I will stop him, or die trying, and even then it can turn into a win."