Chapter 26

"What's this all about?" Adele asked as the two reached the forbidden forest.

She couldn't help but feel slightly unnerved at the location, it would be a perfect accomplice in carrying out her murder. The Slytherin could claim her death was the result of some beast attack, an unfortunate accident of sorts. Well, at least she'd die trying.

Rosier sat on a raised rock, patting the space next to him.

"I thought we might have a little chat," He started.

"About?" She complied reluctantly, sitting on the far edge of the boulder.

"Well actually, I thought we would chat about you."

"Why?"

"Is a gentlemen not permitted a chance to get to know the opposite sex now?" He scoffed with an appalled expression.

"Well, not when he approaches the opposite sex in such a mysterious and ungentleman-like manner."

He paused briefly, staring at her completely expressionless and she felt her breath hitch in anxiety at his mercurial temperament, it was starting to get tiresome. After a moment or two he forced a convincing chuckle.

"Sorry about that," He laughed. "Force of habit I suppose. It's not everyday I don't get my way without too much trouble. Please, pardon my rudeness."

Adele shifted uncomfortably before giving him a curt nod.

"Have you been close with Riddle for a long time?" She asked him pensively.

The circumstances hadn't changed, Adele was here for one purpose; to help on the mission. Everything and anything she could do to serve their task was well worth her time.

"Since our first year the six of us have been inseparable, Riddle and Mulciber were the last to join the group, we all knew each other before Hogwarts. But come now, we're not here to talk of the likes of me and my friends. What has the newest member of Hufflepuff house got to say for herself? Or rather, what's her story?" He nudged her causing her to instinctively stiffen, she quickly attempted to relax her features and smiled up at him.

"Well, what do you want to know?" She bat her eyelashes and resisted the urge to vomit.

Surely the only way she'd end up getting information out of him was to use her advantage as a female; seduction. If she could covertly disassociate herself from Kiara and the others by feigning adolescent innocence, perhaps he would buy into her charms and fall snare to her traps. It was a risky ploy, and would take time and dedication but she was more than willing to put in her best efforts for the cause.

Godric forgive me.

"Tell me about yourself, start with the basics."

"Okay, well my name is Adele Darwin. I now go to Hogwarts, I'm in Hufflepuff house,"

Nathan gave a slight chortle.

"You call that the basics? Why don't you tell me the real stuff?"

"Like what?" She huffed, slightly frustrated.

"Like... what do you do for fun?"

Adele stopped, considering for a moment what in her life she found herself doing simply for the sake of enjoyment.

"I don't know. Most of what I do has a purpose, I don't really do much for 'fun' these days."

"That won't do Adele, fun is a necessity." He smiled, flicking away his fringe.

She shuddered at the enunciation of her name yet frowned at the statement, despite the fact she would never trust the Slytherin as far as she could throw him, she had to admit he had a point.