Chapter 9

Two weeks later

"He's getting rather boring actually," said Hermione, taking a sip of her butterbeer as she shared with her friends her dissatisfaction to her new love interest, Viktor Krum. "All he does is watch me study, all he wants to do is kiss."

"Creepy, and in the spirit of honouring our Bulgarian seeker, I think it's fair to say he's pulled out a few red flags," Kiara huffed, attempting to warm her hands by the fire.

The girls had all met together, deciding to have a final chat before the Yule ball would commence that evening.

"If the guy I was seeing just wanted to kiss me and watch me study, I'd get a restraining order."

"You're so dramatic Ki," Georgia chuckled.

"You think I'm joking."

"What time do we need to go back?" Belle asked, glancing over to the clock.

"We have like an hour before we need to get ready, we've got a bit of time." Adele answered.

Amelia grimaced, looking towards the Slytherin posse, all grouped together at the other side of the room. In it's centre was Draco Malfoy, doing what she could only describe as chewing a girl's face off. She couldn't see who the victim was from her angle, she knew it only to be a blonde Slytherin, and not Pansy Parkinson.

"Ugh, I don't know why Malfoy has to feast on his hunt right in the middle of The Three Broomsticks." She shuddered.

"Ame! That's an awful way to put it," Said Hermione.

"No no, she's got a point." Kiara interjected cocking her head sideways as she observed her cousin and his unfortunate rebound.

"Honestly it's a wonder how any girl would be stupid enough to fall for such a cockroach." Belle added, returning to her butterbeer.

"Wait, where's Adele?"

The group glanced at the empty spot and started to scan their eyes around the room, wondering where on Earth she could've gone.

"There she is," Amelia gestured towards the bar, where Adele was seated on a high stool, leaning back and laughing flirtatiously with none other than Blaise Zabini. She had removed her coat and was using a small stirrer in her drink to appear more alluring, batting her eyes at the Slytherin's remarks. The group sat stunned, watching as she playfully pushed his arm. Kiara moved first, immediately approaching her.

"Del," she whispered. "What are you doing over here with... him?"

"Him?"

"A Slytherin."

"Talking," Adele replied calmly, smirking at her as Blaise gave her a quick wink and returned to his friends. "You do know he's not Salazar himself right?"

"Of course I know that," Kiara rolled her eyes. "You have people to be wary of in this pub, people who want the worst for you, Theo being one of them. I'm not against Blaise or anyone else for that matter, I'm just asking you to please, be careful."

"Why must you insist on me being careful Ki? Who do you think I am? Do you think I'm stupid or something, is that what this is?"

"No, of course not!"

"Anytime you see me so much as look at a Slytherin you jump to the rescue. As if I'm a naive little girl, not able to take care of myself."

"You have been foolish before Adele,"

"When!"

"You just have."

"You're ridiculous,"

She pulled her up off the stool and turned so Blair's couldn't hear.