Chapter 6

"Ah, Miss Darwin!" Said Professor McGonagal, pulling up a seat next to Adele in the library.

"I was hoping to find you here. I wanted to let you know how proud I was of your progress these past seven weeks!"

"Thankyou Professor,"

"And to show my gratitude for how much help you've been in tending to the window plants, maintaining a professional attitude, and how your schoolwork has excelled, I've decided to let both you and Mr Malfoy finish a week early!"

"Detention?"

"Yes! From now on, your evenings are free."

"They are?"

She gulped, she wasn't sure how she didn't see this coming. She was half tempted to pull the Professor's glasses off her face and snap the frame in two, just so she could keep on going to her nightly class. But that would be useless, if Draco wasn't going to be there anyway.

"Thankyou Professor, I really appreciate it."

She forced a smile as the Professor left the room merrily.

"Thank God for that!" Kiara said, nudging Adele knowingly.

"No more cockroach bonding," Hermione mumbled, not looking up from her book, deeply invested.

"Yeh," Adele replied blankly, shaking her head with a laugh. It was so silly to feel so triggered about something so small, it was probably for the best it was over.

"Where's G? We need to go to charms before the first task this afternoon." Hermione said, closing her book.

"She'll be here," Kiara said, her eyes not moving from Adele. "I'll be right back."

Kiara stood up, beginning to walk towards the garden she knew the Slytherin posse often spent time.

Perhaps it wasn't the wisest decision to confront her cousin in the middle of enemy territory, but with her owl constantly away, she had no choice but to face the matter in person.

Draco noticed her walking over immediately, and seeing his gaze, she turned back and walked behind a wall, out of sight. He attempted to leave quickly, hoping that the other Slytherins hadn't noticed her arrival.

Once he'd made it, they immediately went inside the school, managing to find an empty classroom.

They went inside and locked the door, shutting the blinds of the windows and the door.

"What is it, are you okay?"

"Yes I'm fine Draco,"

"Again- why did you not send your owl?!"

"Peverall is occupied right now,"

"Come on Ki, you're too careless these days."

"If you need me to up my 'I hate you' game in public, that won't be much of a problem for me."

"What have I done now?" He sighed, taking a seat at an empty desk.

"Nothing. Or something. I don't know."

"Is it Adele?"

"She's acting strange. She pretended that McGonagal cancelling detention made her happy, but I can see past that."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Have you shut her down?"

"Yes." Draco said rolling his eyes. "Are you happy? I did what you wanted."

"No Draco..."  she sighed, taking a seat next to him. "I want you to be happy, I want Adele to be happy too."

"It's not a big deal Ki,"