Chapter 27

A humble solace rested over the Ravenclaw dormitory. The room was occupied by Kiara Valentine and three other individuals. She couldn't recall their names and neither party had bothered in getting to know each other than the awkward 'hello' in passing. After a reluctant introduction to the 'American', the three Ravenclaws could tell it would be a futile task attempting to bond with her, it was clear she had no interest in making any new friends.

All but one of the students lay fast asleep under the projection of constellations that adorned the ceiling of the Ravenclaw night sky.

Muffled cries could be heard if one listened ever so attentively. Tears of grief were shed as Kiara Valentine clutched a ripped photograph of the late Cedric Diggory to her chest, her body shook violently as she attempted to suppress the sounds that escaped from her aching heart.

She thought of her mother, her lost family, Cedric, Harry. All those she'd loved that had suffered, all who had been taken away from her too soon.

She made a silent vow long ago that even if it caused her own demise, she would put an end to Voldemort. Now she had to prevent his inception.

The twins had returned with no new information and she was getting restless, becoming more frustrated yet determined as the time ticked on.

She cried because she had a fervent hatred for the boy who carelessly walked the grounds day by day, unaware his future self had taken almost every person she had ever loved. She cried because she was almost certain that even if the plan succeeded, she would never see it come to fruition, she knew that she wasn't likely to ever go home again. She cried because she was cutting herself off, because this would be the last time she allowed herself to do so, because she was no longer the girl she used to be.

/////////////////

Kiara gave a firm look to Adele across the great hall. Adele sent her pleading eyes in response but Kiara's own just widened authoritatively, expressing more than words could say.

And so she sighed in defeat, rising up from her seat on the Hufflepuff bench.

"Where are you going?" Sky asked as she watched her slow ascend, mouth full of toast.

"Just over to Rosier..." Adele replied, feigning bashfulness.

Oh, how she wanted to gag.

Sky stared at her pitifully and swallowed, her expression unreadable.

"Look Adele I know you might think Rosier is... rather handsome and such, but trust me, he's not good for you. I'm not just saying it, he hexed my old roommate Millie so brutally that she had to be admitted to St Mungos for a week. That was just because she defended a muggle born,"

"Unsurprising, he's a Slytherin." Adele replied, attempting to appear unphased by her argument.

"Yes, well I suppose it might be considered unsurprising..." Sky furrowed her eyebrows together in confusion at her lack of empathy.

Adele felt guilt pang in her heart as she looked toward the Hufflepuff, pitifully. She hadn't wanted to approach Nathan just as much as Sky was attempting to prevent it, but what could she do?

No doubt Sky would perceive her decisions as naïve, but her pride in what others thought would have to be set aside, they had a mission to complete after all.

"If that's all I'd better be going," She announced, walking coolly over to the Slytherin table before Sky could react.

Georgia stifled a laugh, covering it with a sip of her water. It wasn't a particularly funny situation but she couldn't help but giggle at the ridiculous measures that needed to be taken to ensure the destruction of Tom Riddle.