Chapter 4

"What is the announcement tonight, do you think?" Kiara said. She was brushing out her long brown hair, attempting to find a preferable parting.

"I'm not sure, but the longer you take, the longer we won't know," Adele hummed.

Georgia chuckled to herself, attempting to flatten down her own disobedient cluster of curls. "Maybe the announcement will be a course on how to be an expert at quick hairstyles so we can actually make it to the feast on time for once,"

"Girls come on, I'm starving." Adele moaned, holding her stomach exaggeratedly.

Kiara hopped off her stepping stool and exited the bathroom with a small smile, laughing at their solemn countenances.

"The drama, honestly." She tutted, skipping out of the dorm room.

/////////////

The girls walked on towards the Great Hall, meeting Harry, Ron, Hermione and the Weasley twins on the way. They began discussing and debating, speculating as to what the special announcement could be. Ron was confident it had something to do with the dragons his brother Charlie looked after in Romania, Georgia was convinced they would be receiving news from the ministry, and the twins were claiming that they'd heard Professor Flitwick and Professor McGonagall talking about something called a Triwizard tournament through their extendable ear. Ron, Hermione and Harry all but agreed with this conclusion as they had seen a ship and a carriage arrive to the school earlier that day. 

Kiara however wasn't concentrating much on what anyone was saying and was instead uncomfortably aware of how their enemies may be lurking by. As they drew near, she recognised the voices of their Slytherin rivalry immediately and made her way over to Adele, locking arms with her.

"Del, the Slytherins are coming up so just ignore them. Under no circumstances do you talk to Draco, okay?"

"Why not?" Adele furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "He's the one that starts all the fights, why shouldn't we retaliate? And why are you just saying this to me?"

"Because you're the one who got detention by allowing him to provoke you today. Come now, surely you must see it's better to disregard him?" She steered Adele away from their looming states which were clearly trying to spark a reaction.

The group began entering the hall in twos, behind Adele and Kiara Theo mocked, snorting ungracefully and repeating the undignified nickname Draco had graced Adele with earlier that day.

"Piggy! Hey, Piggy! Come on Piggy, give us a snort." He laughed.

"Which one's worse George, the embarrassing attempt at humour, or the unmerited confidence to compensate for his lack of personality?" Said Fred, glancing at his twin.

"Neither," Said George with a shake of his head. "The worst thing is that he believes he's actually funny,"

"Go sit Del, I'll be there soon." Kiara said, unlocking arms with Adele as soon as their friends' had retired at their tables.

She turned in fury, walking straight up to the Slytherin table, as they were now sitting for the feast also.

"Do not test my patience, and do not tempt my fury Theodore. I tolerate your jealous rivalry with the golden trio and your downright prejudiced ideologies concerning blood purity, but your targeted mockery is borderline harassment . I will not overlook your arrogance the next time you want to bother Adele. You sounded rather fearful earlier, regarding what we know, of your father's history? I'd be very careful where you decide to tread from now on, if I were you,"

"Are you threatening me, Kiara?" Nott said, slowly rising from his seat.

"Take it as friendly advice. I take no pleasure in blackmail but I will not allow for this to go on. You need to leave Adele out of your little games. She has nothing to do with your issues with Harry, or your family's secrets."