Chapter 30

Adele, Georgia and George arrived at the library just in time for them not to be scolded by Kiara, who was already ripping into Fred for his own tardiness, seeing how he was supposed to arrive twenty minutes earlier. She was just explaining how that as the more time went on, the less fresh the information from watching Riddle the night before would be, thus causing their research to be compromised. George had conveniently avoided the reprimand as he had spent the evening helping her search through the restricted section of the library, so Fred had been the knight's only witness.

"I've told you all that I know now though Val, no use crying over a bit of lost time, aye? George! Take a walk with me, would you? I'm parched," He glared at his brother, using the opportune moment to escape her nagging.

His twin nodded and they both left the premises before Kiara could object. She scoffed nonetheless but turned her attention to the Hufflepuffs as they sat at the table.

"Dumbledore has called me in for a meeting with him in ten minutes."

"Really? Do you think he would've fixed the time turner?" Adele asked, eyes widened.

"No. If that were the case he would've summoned us all or approached me with it,"

"Curious."

Kiara nudged Adele and switched her attention to Georgia who had an odd expression graced upon her features. She was wide eyed and staring out into the abyss. Twiddling her fingers repetitively like it was a nervous tick and was taking deep long breaths.

"What's wrong with your face?" She asked bluntly.

Georgia blushed and couldn't stop the laugh that fell awkwardly from her mouth.

"What do you mean?"

"You have a strange face. Doesn't she have a strange face, Del?"

"She does,"

"How rude." Georgia frowned.

"What's wrong?" Adele asked, eyeing the Hufflepuff knowingly.

"What makes you think something is wrong?" Georgia said.

"Oh for goodness sake G, it's entirely obvious that something is wrong just by your body language. Now, are you going to tell us or are we going to have to drag it out of you?"

"Look, girls, I'd rather not discuss it at this point, okay?" Georgia looked down beginning to twiddle her fingers some more. Adele and Kiara shared a look, perhaps she deserved some level of privacy, when she was ready she'd surely talk to them.

//////////////////

Kiara gave three firm raps on the giant wooden door. After a few moments Professor Dumbledore was staring down at the Ravenclaw, eyes glimmering their mysterious crystal aqua, full of secrets and ulterior motives. He invited her in to take a seat.

She complied reluctantly, eyeing the professor as he began to pour them each a cup of tea. Even though she had known the Professor for four years in her own time, she knew very little about his personal life. Dumbledore always gave the impression of a private man, always thinking of the grander picture instead of revelling in the present or past of his own concerns. It was admirable really, inspiring for Kiara who knew that approaching a problem with this type of method could only prove successful. She herself took it upon her own back to apply the very same strategies with her Tom Riddle research.

"Would you like a biscuit, Miss Valentine?" The Professor asked, offering her a plate filled with various assortments.

"No, thank you. Professor, I must ask why you have summoned me here today,"