Chapter 51

Oceane’s POV

I wasn’t sure how long we were driving but we drove until it was night. The next thing I knew we stopped and Alexis forced me out of the car.
I stood there, scared.

There he was.

“Oceane?” Caleb smiled at me

“Move” Alexis pushed me.

“Don’t touch her” Caleb shouted at her

“Okay, fine” Alexis shrugged

“I need to get the kids out of the car” I told him.

I opened the door and unbuckled Edward, placing him on the ground and then I took Ella out. Edward grabbed my free hand as I held Ella with the other arm.

“I have to change Ella” I told him

“Come inside” he smiled, warmly.

I followed him inside with Alexis behind me. I looked around the house as I entered.

“I have rooms for all of you. I mean when you’re ready we can share the same bed again” Caleb turned around and looked at me

I looked away from him and down at Ella.

“She’s beautiful” he stopped, changing his walking direction and walked toward me. I backed up a little but Alexis pushed me gently toward him.

“May I hold her?” Caleb asked

I shook my head no. He inhaled sharply. He seemed upset but he didn’t do anything.

“Its okay. You have to build trust. You need to know you can trust me again, seeing as I’ve gone to such long lengths to get you. It’s okay, I understand. In due time, yes?”

I didn’t say anything. I held Ella closer to me.

“Come, I’ll show you to your rooms so you can get settled” Caleb resumed leading us through the house.

“Yes, please do. I have somewhere I need to be” Alexis sighed

I could hear the annoyance in her voice.

“Would you calm down, you’ll get Harry in due time” Caleb told her as if I wasn’t standing in the room

“Excuse me?” I blurted out

“Since you’re here already you might as well know the full plan” she laughed, “Or should you just wait and see. I kinda want everything to be a surprise for you”

“Alexis stop!” Caleb shouted, I had never seen him so angry before, “Shut the fuck up before I kill you, next”

Next? Who…wh-…who did he kill first?

My mind raced to the equivalent speed of a bullet. 

What if we were next? What if Harry was next…

I tried not to cry. I didn’t want to give Alexis, let alone Caleb the satisfaction.

Harry’s POV

I sat in the bathtub, staring at the wall. I felt so numb. I was so worried about Oceane and my kids. I just wanted them safe and back in my arms.

“Harry” I heard someone knocking on the bathroom door.

The guys refused to let me stay at my own house in fear I might do something stupid like hurt myself. We cancelled interviews and appearances due to emotional distress. It was Simon’s orders.