chapter 8

Oceane’s POV

I stood in my kitchen laughing with Eleanor.

“Have you thought of any names?” she asked

“Nope..I mean there’s one but I’m not sure about it”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah” I laughed

All of a sudden I felt a lightning sharp pain jolt through my lower abdomen.

“Fuck” I dropped my plate and grabbed my side.

The plate shattered onto the floor.

“Are you okay?” Eleanor ran to my side.

“Yeah, I think.”

Then the pain intensified, my knees buckled. I felt a warm liquid slide down my leg.

“Oh my god..my water just broke”

“Your water broke?”

“Yes”

“Oh my god” Eleanor helped me to my feet, “I’ll get the baby bag”

She left me standing at the front door of my apartment for a second while she dashed to grab the bag. 

“Are you okay?” she returned with the bag and helped me down the stairs. 

“Yeah” I paused and then screamed, “Oh my god!”

“Okay that’s good you’re having contractions.”

“I just want this baby out. I want him out”

“Okay, okay we’re going to get this bugger out, no worries.”

I slowly climbed into the car as Eleanor closed the door behind me. She drove to the hospital. I laid my head back and stared out of the window. I touched my eyes. I was crying. This was the most exciting day of my life and I was crying. I was alone. I wanted Harry more than anything. I didn’t want to go through this alone. Eleanor grabbed my hand and held it.

“It’s going to be okay, I promise”

I looked over at her as tears fell from my eyes.

“Don’t worry, we’re almost at the hospital. Remember your breathing. Inhale, exhale, repeat!”

I inhaled and exhaled. I wasn’t ready. I wanted Louis here, I wanted someone here. I needed more than just Eleanor here. 

“Inhale, Exhale, Repeat” I heard Eleanor say again.

We pulled up to the hospital. She hopped out of the driver’s seat and ran to get a wheelchair.

“Help! She’s in labor”

Before I knew it I was in a wheelchair being hooked up to IVs as I was being taken to the maternity ward.

“What’s her doctor?”

“Uhm” Eleanor looked at me, “Fuck this is why Louis should be here, goddamnit”

“Doctor Rey” I held onto my swollen belly in agony.

“Alright get Doctor Rey on the line! Stat!” a nurse shouted

“Ms. Auzenne we’re going to move you into the room you’re going to deliver in”

I nodded.

“Ok” I took deep breaths and then looked at Eleanor, “Can you call Lou, please?”

“Of course” she nodded and stepped near a window to get reception.

I needed Louis. I needed Harry but I’ll take Louis for now. Eleanor returned with a smile on her face.