chapter 35

“Here’s the paperwork.” she handed me the clipboard

I grabbed the pen and forged his signature as I duly noted to put Oceane’s life priority to the child’s. I’d rather have Oce here because we could procreate as much as she wanted when she woke up. I laughed to myself handing her the papers back.

“Thank you” she smiled and rushed out of the room and to the O.R. I assumed.

I left the room seconds after and walked back to the waiting room.

“Is everything ok?” Louis asked me with a worried look on his face, “Liam, Niall and Zayn are on their way”

“Okay good” I ran my hand through my hair, “This fucking twat tried to kill Oce”

“Wait what!” Eleanor looked at me

“No not like that” I looked at her, “Like…he wanted to place the baby’s life high priority over Oce’s”

“Like…” Eleanor started before Louis butted in

“Like if something goes wrong the doctors try to save the child before the mother! Is that allowed?”

“What the fuck” Eleanor looked at Louis

“Yes. It is but I took care of it”

“What?”

“I forged his signature but I placed Oce’s priority over the child’s”

“If Oce is saved he can have more children when she heals versus losing her altogether” Eleanor shook her head

I stood up and walked to the vending machine. I stared at the contents of the machine. I wasn’t hungry, I wasn’t anything but scared. I turned around hearing a noise behind me.

“So…guess what” 

It was Caleb, limping with his IV pole.

“What?” I decided to entertain his idiotic question

“The nurse informed me that I had already signed the papers for the doctors.”

“Oh?” I slid two coins into the machine

“Yeah and the funniest part. I don’t remember signing any fucking papers” he pushed me against the vending machine in a swift move and held me there with his IV pole digging into my back, 

“Who the fuck do you think you are forgin-”

I elbowed him in his bruised ribs and turned around. I grabbed him by the neck as I held him against the wall.

“Who the fuck do you think you are” I tilted my head to the side and looked at him, “You’re a pathetic excuse for a man. Where the fuck do you get off putting Oce’s life secondary? Do you not understand the fucking concept of procreation! You need the woman to make the bloody child.” I closed my fist and pressed it against his ribs.

“Fuck off”

“You fucking cunt. What does Oceane see in you? Oh just wait until Oce hears about this” I released him and he fell to the floor. I turned around and grabbed my crisps out of the machine. I opened it and ate one and took another out.

“I’ll kill you if you ever try to hurt my family again”

“She’s not your family. She’s my wife”

I bent down and popped another crisp into my mouth before speaking.

“She’s not though. You haven’t gotten married. And you won’t.”

He started to laugh.

“What’s so funny?”

“The fact that you think she still loves you”

“No that can’t be why you’re laughing. Are you laughing to keep from crying knowing the fact that when you touch her or when you’re inside of her she wishes it was me?”

He made a quick move trying to hit me. I grabbed his wrist and pushed it away.

“Crisp for your troubles” I threw one at him before leaving him on the floor

I walked back to Eleanor and Louis.

“Hey Edward, want a crisp?” I waved my bag

He stuck his arms out and I grabbed him

“Come to daddy. Yeah you’re such a big boy” I kissed his forehead.

I looked down the hallway to see two nurses helping Caleb back to his room. Caleb stared back at me. I grabbed Edward’s little hand and waved to Caleb with it.

Nothing was going to stand in the way of my family’s safety. I loved Oce and I wasn’t letting her go anytime soon.