chapter 32

I stared at the picture of the growing child inside of me. Caleb had left for work already as I sat in our bedroom. I took my engagement ring off and placed it on the nightstand. Then I grabbed it off and slid it back onto my finger. I stared at it. I looked back at the photo.

It couldn’t be Harry’s. It’s not Harry’s. There’s a chance it could be Caleb. There’s a small chance, but a chance nonetheless. It can’t be Harry’s. Oh how happy he’ll be. 

Wait! I’m not telling him. 

I’m not telling him because it’s not his baby. IT’S NOT HIS BABY.

What if he planned this?

I was ripped away from my thoughts as Edward started to cry from the next room. I stood up and went to check on him. There he stood in his crib wiping his eyes.

“Okay, okay what’s wrong? Babe” I picked him up and kissed him.

He rested his head on my shoulder and stopped crying.

“You just missed your mummy, huh?” I kissed his head as I sat down in the rocking chair in the corner of his room.

I heard my phone ring in the next room.

Fuck.

I struggled to get back to my feet and walked softly to get my phone.

“Hello?”

“Hi”

It was Louis.

“Hi, how are you?”

“I could ask you the same thing” he joked

Oh my god, does he know?

“Wha-what do you mean?” I laughed nervously

“I haven’t seen or heard from you in eons. Why is that? I miss you and Edward”

“Oh” I laughed

Phew!

“You can come over now, if you’d like” I smiled

“Oh well we’re at concert rehearsals so possibly Harry and I-”

“No!” I spoke too quickly

“What?”

“No as in I completely forgot I have tons of errands to run.”

“I know when you’re lying Oce”

“Is Harry around you?”

“What? No?” he replied suspiciously

“I have something to tell you”

“Is everything okay? How’s Edward?”

“He’s fine. He’s falling asleep in my arms. Maybe you…and only you should come over after rehearsals?”

“Uhm alright. Oce?”

“Yeah?”

“You’re worrying me”

“I don’t mean to.”

“Alright I will come over as soon as I get out of here. Ok?”

I smiled. I missed Louis. I was happy that he was going to be here. We hung up and I waited. I held onto Edward and walked into the living room to start lunch.

4 hour later.

I sat there staring at Louis sitting across from me. I didn’t want him to judge me. I didn’t want him to think less of me. So I decided not to tell him the entire story of possible conception.