chapter 44

I stared at the glock in my hand. It was somewhat heavy yet made me feel a little bit lighter. 

“Is it okay?” the owner asked

I snapped out of my thought and nodded.

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll take this one” I placed the gun on the counter, still shaking from shooting it on the range.

“Now just remember the gun safety we discussed and everything will be alright, mate” he laughed seeing I was still rattled

“Okay, thank you” Louis spoke for me.

He could see it too.

Was I ready to do what I needed if the situation called for me to shoot at another human being? I wasn’t so sure now. Shooting a gun was a completely different experience before I had came into the store or followed him out onto the shooting range.

We left the shop. The owner told me the waiting period would be about three business days. I agreed and gave him my number to reach me at.

“So…so you alright mate?” Louis looked at me.

I sat in the car with Lou, Niall and Zayn. I wasn’t saying much but they could tell I was shaken.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine” I told them.

But even I was unsure.

Oceane’s POV

“So have you received anymore calls?” Eleanor asked as she rocked Ella 

“No” I cleared my throat, “I haven’t”

“Are you okay? You seem strained or even scared”

“I’m terrified” I admitted, “I don’t know what Caleb’s going to do. He wants Ella at any cost. Or at least that’s how he sounded and I feel like my family and I are just sitting ducks waiting for him to come and try to take her”

“What did Simon say?” she asked

“He has this great lawyer he can put us into touch with to take on the case.” 

I was feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders. I didn’t know what to do. I just didn’t feel safe. I didn’t want to put anyone at risk.

“Maybe I could just…”

“No” Danielle shouted

I looked at her confused

“No…you’re not going to talk to him. That’s just what he wants you to do, so he can get you alone. Leave it to the courts to decide. No judge will ever separate a child from it’s mother.”

“I hope you’re right” I sighed

We all turned and looked at the door as we heard the knob turn. I held my breathe but exhaled as I saw it was Harry, Lou, Niall and Zayn.

“Hey babe” Harry smiled

“Hey”

He seemed as if he was hiding something behind his smile but then again who was I to talk…I was doing the same thing behind mine.

“Are you ready? We have that meeting with Simon”

“Yeah let me just get a jumper” I stood up and left the room.