Chapter 68

2 weeks later.

Harry's POV

I sat there watching a movie. Technically I wasn't watching it. I was preoccupied with my own thoughts. 

Why was Arabella acting so strange? Why did she leave? Did she expect me and her to be together? Did she...-

I stopped myself. 

I shifted my position on the sofa. Oceane was asleep in the next room with Edward. Ella was asleep as well. It was quiet in the house. I glanced at the baby monitor. I could hear Ella's breathing. I sighed. I wanted to stop caring about Arabella. But something...I didn't know what it was kept stopping myself. 

Maybe Elliot was mine? 

And if Elliot was mine, what would I do? What would Oce do? I mean she promised. She promised she wouldn't leave. It wasn't that I didn't believe her, I just didn't want to lose her.

I closed my eyes running my fingers through my hair. I jumped startled at a knock on the front door. I grabbed my phone and checked it. 

No missed calls or text messages.

Who could this be?

I climbed off the sofa walking to the door. I looked down the hallway and then back at the door. I opened it.

"Good afternoon, are you Mr. Styles?" the man in a delivery uniform asked

"Yes?" I looked at him confused.

"Great! This!" he said as he pulled out an envelope, "Is for you"

He handed me the large envelope.

"Thank you"

"Oh I just need your signature on this before you go" he told me

"Oh, ok" I nodded

He handed me a clipboard. I signed and gave it back to him.

"Have a great day" he told me before leaving

"Thanks, you too" I told him

I closed the door behind me and looked the envelope over. 

Anglia DNA Services Ltd

CC: Harry Styles

I swallowed hard. These were the results for the paternity test. I walked toward our bedroom to wake Oce but suddenly stopped. I grabbed and pulled my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. My finger hovered over Louis' contact but I didn't push it. It didn't move. I locked my phone and returned it back to my pocket. I looked down the hallway and at the bedroom door. 

What are you doing, Harry? Like...just go, move, move your feet

I tried to talk myself into walking into the bedroom to share the news with Oce but I couldn't move. I wasn't sure if my mind wanted this is or if I was doing this myself. 

Was I scared?

I bit my lip and inhaled. I didn't realize I was panicking. The fact that I held the fate of my relationship in my hands made me no longer want to. I didn't want this information. I didn't want to know. I didn't want anything to change between me and Oce. I didn't want to lose her. 

Yup I was panicking.

I walked back into the living room and walked over to the trash. I held the envelope over the trash and dropped it in. I walked back to the sofa and sat down. But I couldn't focus. I couldn't focus.