chapter 9

“The umbilical cord is wrapped around the child’s neck.”

“Lou” I whispered scared for my son’s life.

“We’re just going to try to turn him around and unwrap the cord, okay? So please just relax” the doctor told me

I laid back and closed my eyes. I was numb from the waist down so I wasn’t sure what he was doing. I just want the baby out and safe.

“Alright I think we have it. I’m going to guiding the baby out of the canal. I’m going to need you to coach her to push”

I heard him say. I assumed he was talking to Louis. Louis grabbed my hand. I opened my eyes.

“Are you ready?”

“Yes” I psyched myself up to push again.

I gave it all my strength until my body started to shake. It was silent in the room. Louis looked at the doctor. I looked around the room nervous and scared. I couldn’t see over my belly. Then there it was.

It was his first cry into the world. He cried and cried.

“Okay we have a healthy baby boy; ten fingers, ten toes” the doctor laughed

He rested him on my stomach. He was bright red and crying loudly. I bit my lip and smiled. I couldn’t believe it. Eight months later, here he was. He was sitting there. I touched his little hand. He grabbed my finger. I leaned forward and kissed his wet head. 

“Alright, Louis” the doctor beckoned for his attention, “Time to snip the cord”

He handed him medical scissors. Louis snipped the cord and smiled back at me. He kissed my forehead and then the baby’s.

“Time to get cleaned up, you little bundle of joy” the nurse smiled at me before taking him to the cleaning table.

The nurse returned in twenty minutes with the baby.

“So what’s this little guy’s name?” she looked at me

“Did you pick out a name?” Louis asked

I smiled.

“Is it safe to come in?” Ben laughed peeking his head into the room

“Yeah” the nurse nodded

Ben and Eleanor walked in. Eleanor kissed my forehead and gushed over the baby.

“Hiiiii” she squealed, “He’s such a cutie.”

“He is! I can’t wait until he can play football. He’s going to learn all the essentials for sure!”

I laughed.

“What’s his name?” Eleanor asked

“Yeah, sis. What’s his name?”

“Edward Benjamin…” I decided not to say his last name.

“Are you giving him Har-” Eleanor started to say something

“Yes!” I cut her off

She looked at me confused.

“Yeah I am” I assured her.

“He looks just like his father, especially with that head of hair!”

“His father?” Benjamin looked at me

I closed my eyes and sighed.

“Wait…you all know who the father is?”

Eleanor and Louis looked at me and then Benjamin confused

“Yeah?”

“Eleanor” I shook my head

“Whoa, so my kid sister had to deliver this kid alone. Whose this wanker?”

“Harry?”

“Styles?” Benjamin glared at me

I looked down at Baby Edward.

“You’re telling me he couldn’t make his own son’s birth?” Benjamin was pissed

He grabbed his jacket.

“I’m going to whoop his ass” 

“Whoa!” Louis shouted

“He doesn’t know, Benjamin”

“What the fuck do you mean he doesn’t know?”

“He’s married…”

“He’s fucking married. What the fuck, Oce! Are you serious?”

“It’s not what you think”

“It’s not? Then please inform me”

“We slept together nine months ago…and he got married a few months after we slept together..”

Benjamin stared at me.

“I’m going to have a smoke” he told me before leaving the room

I shook his negativity from my mind. Baby Edward was my main concern now and I didn’t care what anyone else thought. He laid so sweetly in my arms. I touched his soft hair and kissed his head again. He was the most beautiful thing I had laid my eyes on. He was a part of me and a part of Harry. Just like his father, he had my heart as soon as I laid my eyes on him.

Beautiful baby Edward Benjamin Styles, oh, how I could see it now, he was a born heartbreaker, just like his father.