Chapter 67

Oce's POV

I laid there tangled in Harry's legs. I smiled as he slept peacefully. Looking down at my left hand I still couldn't believe it. He was mine. He was all mine and I, his. We were finally married. I had never felt so complete in my life. I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest. I slowly began to slip into a deep sleep, feeling safe in his arms.

A long bang rang through my ears. I looked around. It was cold. I was in an office. Lou was there with me.

"Come this way" we heard from down the hall. 

We followed the voice which led us to an empty room with a slab. My hand flew to my mouth as I saw the body. It was Harry's.

I walked over to the body and shook my head. I begged him to get up. I begged him to wake up.

"Harry's dead, Oce. He's dead" Lou told me

I jolted upward, panting hard. 

"Mmm Oce?" I heard Harry groan, slowly waking up

I jumped as I felt his hand on my lower back.

"Oce are you ok?"

I could hear the worry in his voice. But I still didn't say anything.

"Oce?" he repeated, sounding more awake than before

I held my face in my hands, trying not to cry. I broke down.

"Oce, why are you crying? What's wrong?" he turned me around

"You were dead" I mumbled, repeating myself over and over, "You were dead. And I was with Lou and we saw you. I saw you. You weren't moving. You wouldn't get up. You were real"

I looked at him as I started to cry. He held me and rubbed my back.

"Shhh...I'm right here Oce. I'm fine. I'm alive. I'm right here. I promise this is real. Everything is real"

"How could this be so real? How do you know you're not just imagining this as you lay in your car bleeding out? How do you know any of this is real?" I shouted

"Oce" he sighed, "I'm here. See touch me. Pinch me. Slap me. I'm right in front of you. I'm real. I promise." he looked me in the eyes, "I'm safe. I'm okay. I'm not dead"

I wasn't so sure this was real. This seemed so perfect, too perfect.

"Oce please...how long have you been having these nightmares?"

"I...." I tried to think of something to say, any kind of lie

"Oceane"

I sighed. He used my full name.

"A week...maybe two?"

"Oce, why did you keep this from me?" Harry looked at me worried and upset that I would keep this from him.

"I didn't mean to. I was just...I didn't want you to worry. I just wanted you to feel better and heal"

"Oce, I'm your husband. I need to know these things" he placed his hand on his chest as he spoke

I nodded.

"I'm sorry. I just thought it'd be better to keep this from you"

"No, it's not. It worries me. It makes me wonder what else you're keeping from me"