Chapter 65

Was she serious? She had to be joking.

"Why would you be here? You're no one to him"

"Well I'm the mother of his latest child" she told me

"That has yet to be proven" I rolled my eyes

I wasn't in the mood to deal with her, right here, right now. This was an intimate moment for Harry and all of us. There was no need for her to be here. It clearly had to be a publicity stunt.

"What the fuck" I heard Lou's voice behind me

I turned around to see him walking over to us.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to be supportive of Harry"

"Oh? Wow, that's rich. That's very classy of you. Did the press get a photo of you too?"

"Maybe" she shrugged

"You gold-digging cun-"

"Lou" I cut him off, "She's not worth it. And we don't have time for this." I told him

I turned my attention back to her, "We're taking Harry home so you won't be seeing him until the paternity test"

Before she could reply back with a rude retort I grabbed Lou's arm and walked away from her. She didn't deserve what little energy I had. 

"Excuse me" We heard a nurse call us to get our attention, "he's ready for visitors now"

I nodded.

"Wait let Oce go in first" Liam said

Louis nodded and nudged me toward the door. I inhaled and opened it. 

I looked at the ground, closing the door behind me. I wasn't ready to see him yet. I bit my lip trying to keep the tears inside. I looked up. There he was sitting with his feet off the bed, looking at me. I dropped my coat and purse onto the floor and walked over to him. He stood up. I stopped in front of him and grabbed him, hugging him, holding him—never wanting to let him go. He was alive. He was still here. He didn't leave. 

We pulled apart. I looked at him. I touched the white gauze bandages that wrapped around his head. I smiled slightly at the loose curls, sticking out. I pulled him closer to me, kissing him. His lips were soft. They comforted me. His lips reaffirmed that this wasn't all a dream, that he was real and he was alive. He sat down, I sat down with him. 

I was still scared. I was still scared this was a dream, like last time. We sat holding each other for an hour or two. I didn't know what to say so I let my heart speak. 

"I'll never leave you. I love you too much. You mean so much to me. Harry do you understand me?" I looked him.

He looked at me and nodded before pressing his lips against mine. 

Harry's POV

"I'll never leave you. I love you too much. You mean so much to me. Harry do you understand me?" she told me. I felt how hard she was holding onto me. 

I loved this woman more than anything. I don't understand why I ever thought this was a good idea. I never wanted her to feel like this. I never wanted any of this to happen. I looked her in the eyes and kissed her. I missed her lips. I missed her being in my arms, with everything that was going on we hadn't had a moment like this in weeks and this was all I needed. 

"I was just so afraid" I finally spoke

"Afraid? Afraid of what?" she searched my face for an answer

"I was so afraid of having to live a life without you and that wasn't a life worth living"

"You'll never have to live a life without me. Despite everyone, despite everything—I loved you first. And I always have"

I looked into her big brown eyes and smiled. That simple confession of her love for me was all I needed. I felt so lost without it. She placed her small hand on my cheek and rubbed it before bringing her lips to mine. I slid my hand onto her cheek and caressed it. Our tongues touched. I don't know if it was the heat of the moment or the fact that I missed her, missed touching her so much but my hand slid down to her shirt and underneath the hem. 

"Harry" she giggled

"Mmm?" I moaned against her lips

My hand continued. She pulled away and shook her head.

"The boys want to see you. Is that ok?" 

"Of course" I smiled, "They're my family, my brothers"

"Alright I'll go get them" she told me before leaving the room.

I felt bad. I felt bad because she seemed like she had been crying and stressed. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door reopen and the boys file into the room. Everyone looked as if they hadn't gotten a good night's rest in the last few days.

"You need to...uh stay away from hospitals, mate" Liam joked, "Don't make this a habit"

I smiled. 

"I know, I know" I laughed

I had to laugh to keep from crying. Lou walked over to me. He hugged me tightly. He just held me for a moment. He didn't say anything. He didn't make a sound, he just hugged me. I hugged him back.

"Thank you" I told him, "Thank you for saving my life. I don't know what would've happened if you hadn't found me in my car, Lou I-"

He pulled away, wiping his face before leaving, again without uttering a single word.

"Lou" Niall tried to get his attention

"Louis" Liam called his name once again

"Mate" Zayn grabbed his arm, only for him to rip it away from his grasp.

He ignored all of us and left, without saying a single word.

"I'll get him" Niall made a move to the door

"It's alright. He's scared. Let him go. It's okay. He probably just needs a moment"

I didn't know my actions carried so much weight. I didn't realize they would affect Louis as much as they did. 

I looked up once again as Oce re-entered the room.

"Is everything ok? Lou just walked out and didn't say anything"

"Yeah he's just a little shaken" Zayn told her

"Oh" she looked out of the door and then back at me, "They said you can't come home today but they'll release you tomorrow"

I smiled. I couldn't take this place anymore. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be with my family.